Help With Piano Arrangements

Started by SilverSparx, April 20, 2015, 04:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSparx

What I would love to do is make arrangements for this site, but I don't have experience with sheet music-making programs. If anyone knows of a good program and some sheet music writing tips, I would really appreciate that. Seriously, that'd be awesome.
Nintendo all the way! ~SilverSparx

AwesomeYears

Again, Finale Notepad or Musescore is a great writing program to do, Musescore has actually updated to 2.0 a month ago so it's much more reliable! You can also buy Finale Songwriter (I think that's the name) for $150, which I'm gonna be getting soon! :D I will also hopefully be posting an arranging tutorial in the coming months!

SilverSparx

Thanks!  ;D  I'll start with MuseScore since money is not readily available for me to spend on music arranging.

Latios212

Quote from: AwesomeYears on April 20, 2015, 04:38:55 PMYou can also buy Finale Songwriter (I think that's the name) for $150, which I'm gonna be getting soon! :D
You mean $50? I'm considering it as well...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SilverSparx

OH! Fifty dollars is much more reasonable. Musescore is pretty great, though. I like the 2.0. version a lot.

AwesomeYears

No, I mean the PrintMusic version, it's $150 AUD.

Latios212

Quote from: AwesomeYears on April 20, 2015, 06:12:05 PMNo, I mean the PrintMusic version, it's $150 AUD.
Ah. Right. Different kinds of dollars. XD
If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose PrintMusic over SongWriter?

Quote from: SilverSparx on April 20, 2015, 05:56:33 PMOH! Fifty dollars is much more reasonable.
Agreed!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Well, I got 2011 for $140.00, so it's not that bad.

AwesomeYears

PrintMusic has way more features than SongWriter, SW is useful if you're just writing solo instruments without the need of MIDI. I like arranging music with lots of instruments and I'm using the MIDI for an actual game :P Plus, I have the money to buy it!

The Deku Trombonist

The other good thing about PrintMusic is that it supports .musx files which makes it more future-proof than the cheaper options, assuming MakeMusic sticks to their plans for the future.

rvarella2

Hey people!
I'm currently holding a crowdfunding campaign for a songbook. What do you guys think?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/your-piano-songbook

Feel free to contact me in anyway ^^

AwesomeYears

That's pretty cool, but why this post? Why not on the Post the Thoughts of the Moment?

Dude

I don't know if it's technically legal tho

AwesomeYears

I think it is legal, I mean he is only giving the books to the backers, not putting it in a shop or anything.

Dude

But it's someone else's compositions without their consent, right?