News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Discussion on Linkle (Legend of Zelda)

Started by Trainer Ave, December 07, 2015, 09:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 07, 2015, 10:05:43 PMSo what if they had given her a completely different name? Do you think there would still be such an aversion to her? From what I've seen fans either go one way or the other. Either they like her or they don't. So my question is if her name wasn't Linkle, would that have changed anything?
the name bothers me but not as much as her just being
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 07, 2015, 09:21:04 PMgenderbender fanservice
.  Once you start changing who she is (
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 07, 2015, 09:21:04 PMgenderbender fanservice
), you start to question why you're using linkle in the first place.  What I'm saying is since she started in a (kind of lame xD) third-party game she doesn't have any character development.  Giving her character development that makes her no longer
would be fine by me.  As long as you change the name as well.  Linkle really is a dumb name.  Overall she's just another superfluous character that could be literally anyone.  Like, in order for her to be necessary to the main series she would have to add something that others don't.  All she has is link's clothing, in XXX-Fem.

Some people just don't appreciate fanservice.
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

So what you are saying is you wouldn't mind the character if
a) they change the name
b) define the character
c) do what I have been suggesting this whole time which is allow her to offer something to the series that no character to date has yet offered
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 07, 2015, 10:20:50 PMSo what you are saying is you wouldn't mind the character if
a) they change the name
b) redefine the character
c) do what I have been suggesting this whole time which is allow her to offer something to the series that no character to date has yet offered, which is probably impossible to do effectively and could easily be fulfilled by another character so there's no reason specifically it should be linkle
sure.  (option b includes clothing as well)
unmotivated