News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Notepad General Questions and Problems

Started by BrainyLucario, December 22, 2015, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

This topic is for Finale Notepad users who have a question about Notepad's limitations. If you can't figure out how to do something in Notepad, like adding a copyright symbol, or have any questions concerning notepad. Feel free to Comment with your issue and other users can tell you how to fix it.

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

Only four measures in B major? If the rest of the piece is in the original key, I don't think it's worth it to switch key signatures for that short of a section. Of course, that depends on the piece. What piece are you arranging?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

For future reference, there's a topic for this. Yeah, it's not actually that easy to spot.... xD
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Dudeman on December 22, 2015, 10:54:05 AMOnly four measures in B major? If the rest of the piece is in the original key, I don't think it's worth it to switch key signatures for that short of a section. Of course, that depends on the piece. What piece are you arranging?
Splattack from splatoons. If it is not worth switching, could you tell me witch notes actually get played as sharps in that key signature?

Here it is...[splattack mus file] The last four measures show where the notes  should be in that key signature.....

Dudeman

Ah, Splattack. For the record, it shifts into Bb Major, not B Major. Can't you just notate the piece in A Major for now and have someone change the key sig later? Just put down the correct notes for now. (unless someone wants to swoop in and change it in which case more power to you)

EDIT: My bad, it's Bb minor and A minor.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Dudeman on December 22, 2015, 11:43:08 AMAh, Splattack. For the record, it shifts into Bb Major, not B Major. Can't you just notate the piece in A Major for now and have someone change the key sig later? Just put down the correct notes for now. (unless someone wants to swoop in and change it in which case more power to you)
Thanks.... I will most definitely do that. And sorry Latios212 i didn't ssee that section

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Dudeman on December 22, 2015, 11:43:08 AMAh, Splattack. For the record, it shifts into Bb Major, not B Major. Can't you just notate the piece in A Major for now and have someone change the key sig later? Just put down the correct notes for now. (unless someone wants to swoop in and change it in which case more power to you)

EDIT: My bad, it's Bb minor and A minor.

I'm willing to do it; how long does it go into Bb minor? Is it still only 4 measures or is it longer?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

BrainyLucario

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on December 22, 2015, 11:46:47 AMI'm willing to do it; how long does it go into Bb minor? Is it still only 4 measures or is it longer?
same amount of time.... Thanks a lot!!!

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 22, 2015, 11:48:18 AMsame amount of time.... Thanks a lot!!!
Actually...it is only four measures, so still no reason to change it. Just make sure in those measures you flat B's, D's, E's, G's, and A's and you will be fine!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

BrainyLucario

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on December 22, 2015, 11:55:01 AMActually...it is only four measures, so still no reason to change it. Just make sure in those measures you flat B's, D's, E's, G's, and A's and you will be fine!
Ok! Thanks so much!!! you all are the best!

BrainyLucario

Does anyone know who arranged " High Notes" From Rayman? I can't seem to find out

BrainyLucario

Anyone know who Originally composed lava reef zone from sonic and knuckles?

Tobbeh99

With the Splattack thing. There is already 2 arrangements of it on site, splattack! and the E3 trailer version Splattack! (E3PV), but I don't know if there are more versions of Splattack that haven't been arranged.

I don't know that sonic and knuckles composer, but try wikipedia, or youtube search for the credits from the game a see if you can find the composer.

Also that Rayman submission, I think his/her name was "N", the one who arranged it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

Tobbeh...I arranged Splattack!....

Tobbeh99

ooh wops... lol
btw I don't think a key change is needed there, it's just for one phrase, then it goes back again.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh