[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Secret Course" (Replacement) by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, December 23, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

...I just saw your post about the system measure redistribution... Crud... I did fix the one line page, just not in that manner. If I still need to fix that in the prescribed manner, please tell me. Everything has been fixed aside from that, however.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Excellent work with this song! I went ahead and did a little cleaning up on your arrangement:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpcs99ab7zantre/Super%20Mario%20Sunshine%20-%20Secret%20Course.mus?dl=1

Things that I changed:
Btw, this is a very hard song to hear sometimes :P 
Measure 1: You missed a note on beat 3 & 4. I added those.
Measures 2-3 & 23-27: I'm not a big fan of having completely nothing being done in one hand unless there is nothing to add in the original. In these measures there aren't any notes to put in the right hand, but there is finger snapping to be put in. Percussion can be kinda tricky to incorporate, but I added the finger snapping in these measures.
Measures 5-7 & 20-23: These measure were kinda messy. What I did was move around the layers a little bit and give more room to "un-cramp" the staff. I also put a bracket to indicate what hands play what.
Same measures as above: You had an incorrect rhythm in the right hand of this section. I added the correct rhythm.
Measures 11 & 15: These measures were kinda messy as well. What I did was remove some excess notes note found in the original and cleaned up the layers. For future reference, try to keep the layers from clashing. I found a lot of that as I worked through this arranement.
Throughout the whole piece: You had a lot of incorrect accidentals. For example, measure 8. The Eb should be a D#. Since the passage is moving in an upward motion, so to speak, you use sharps and vice versa. Remember, this is not always the case when using accidentals. Alas, accidentals is not my forte, but when using them, remember these 3 things:
1. Analyze the chord and key signature. Make sure you are using accidentals that yield to the chord and key signature you are in. 2. Look for ascending/descending passages, like I explained above. 3. If either of these two above "rules" fail you (which is extremely rare), just make the  accidentals look nice.
There are always exceptions to these rules so be careful. Most of the time, however, these rules won't fail you.
Measures 30-31: The part you had in layer 2 in the right hand is very messy and hard to play. This can easily be fixed by moving down an octave.
Measures 16-18: The left hand notes are very hard to hear and were mostly wrong. I fixed those.....I don't know if I even got them right. That's how hard they are :P

I think that's everything! I did a little editing to the note values, formatting, and whatnot. I hope you like it and I'll answer any questions you may have!

Again, great job!

E. Gadd Industries

Thank you for helping me out! Hmmm... In measures 9 and 13 (RH), I thought only 2 accents were needed, on the first and third. Ah well, so long as it's correct.

Either way, everything has been updated based upon your file!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 01, 2016, 12:46:55 PMThank you for helping me out! Hmmm... In measures 9 and 13 (RH), I thought only 2 accents were needed, on the first and third. Ah well, so long as it's correct!
I'll check those measures when I get on my computer.

Olimar12345

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 01, 2016, 12:46:55 PMThank you for helping me out! Hmmm... In measures 9 and 13 (RH), I thought only 2 accents were needed, on the first and third. Ah well, so long as it's correct.

Change the accents on the sixteenth notes in measures 9 and 13 to staccatos and we're done here.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

I'll get to it as soon as I get home! Yay! Almost finished! :D:D:D Thank you, everyone, for your patience and help!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Alright, the accents have been changed to staccatos. Is there anything else that needs fixing in the piece?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Read carefully:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 06, 2016, 06:49:30 PMChange the accents on the sixteenth notes in measures 9 and 13 to staccatos and we're done here.

I just meant the sixteenth notes. The eighth notes surrounding them should retain their former accents.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

O_O Crud... Hold on...

Edit: Everything has been fixed. Is it complete now?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zeta