The OFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project!

Started by Olimar12345, December 30, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

You simply add an equal sign and put the url inside the first bracket.         
{"(" ="["}Like this: (url=www.#JustBrainyThings.net/with BrainyLucario)........then you put the [Mus].

Also notice to song list on the first post...Braix kind of claimed that song. If he/she (I go by profile announced gender, Dudeman) allows it, your arrangement will be put on the list
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

[url=sampleurl.gorg][MUS][/url]
This.

Also, Braix is a guy.

EDIT: Gender comment is irrelevant now. But yes, Braix did have the song claimed, so you'll have to clear it with him before any progress can be made on it.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Fawful

Quote from: Dudeman on January 10, 2016, 09:00:36 PM[url=sampleurl.gorg][MUS][/url]
This.

Also, Braix is a guy.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 10, 2016, 08:57:26 PM{snip}

Also notice to song list on the first post...Braix kind of claimed that song. If he allows it, your arrangement will be put on the list

Right, sorry.  I didn't exactly notice the song list until you mentioned it  :-[

BrainyLucario

Olimar12345

Quote from: Fawful on January 10, 2016, 09:04:49 PMRight, sorry.  I didn't exactly notice the song list until you mentioned it  :-[

Keep it here anyway. I have no idea what the status of Braix's work is, and I'd rather have an arrangement over a promise to make one.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

So, the arrangement's looking pretty solid. A few suggestions:
- Definitely take a look at the formatting guidelines. Your sizes and styles need to be prettied up a bit, and you should consider adding the copyright if you want to have this submitted.
- The melody definitely needs to be the thirds in the original rather than the single notes you have it as now (more specifically, the melody as it is from the beginning through m. 24).
- Because you've put pedal through almost the whole piece, I'd suggest just putting "con pedale" at the beginning and dropping all the actual articulations (you probably spent a long time putting them all in so that may put you in a bad mood; you can always hug it out with us if you need to). Then put a "sans senza pedale" at measure 66 where you drop it.
- I haven't taken a look at the whole thing for accuracy but what I've heard so far sounds pretty good. Nice work.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Fawful on January 10, 2016, 08:44:29 PMHey guys, I just joined the site.  I came here from a Steam forum that had a similar goal that Yug_Guy found and posted to as well.  Figured I should help contribute as well; here's Reunited. (I can't figure out how you guys do the [MUS] thing, so I'll just put the URL here.)  Anything I should change?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rggrabjqakheb3/Reunited%20-%20Undertale.mus?dl=0
Glad you decided to join us!

I took a look at your MUS file, and I'd say it's a pretty good start. I'm not great at critiquing music, so I'll leave that to some of our more capable arrangers. I will suggest looking over your voices and seeing what you could possibly add and/or take away from the piece. There's quite a bit going on in Reunited that you don't have in your arrangement!

That being said, you should really get your sheet up to standard. Copy what you have into this template, and be sure to replace "Title" with "Reunited" as well as putting your name where it says "Arrangement by". Once you've done that, we can start working on the actual music.

Otherwise, good first piece!

braix

Here's what I have for Reunited. It's been collecting dust for a while since I haven't had much time to arrange lately(and likely won't have too much time until the end of January. https://www.dropbox.com/s/koswqeiz6xb5pyx/Reunited.mus?dl=0
Also, just refer to me as "she" since it has "he" in it too. It's a win-win.

EDIT: I shall be dropping Save The World.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Fawful

Quote from: Dudeman on January 10, 2016, 09:21:04 PMSo, the arrangement's looking pretty solid. A few suggestions:
- Definitely take a look at the formatting guidelines. Your sizes and styles need to be prettied up a bit, and you should consider adding the copyright if you want to have this submitted.

I'll definitely look into getting the formatting under control.  I see Yug_Guy has posted a template, and I'll try copying the music to there for formatting's sake.

Quote- The melody definitely needs to be the thirds in the original rather than the single notes you have it as now (more specifically, the melody as it is from the beginning through m. 24).

To be honest, I'm not sure how I missed that with how many times I've heard the song.  I'll get on that once the formatting is under control.

Quote- Because you've put pedal through almost the whole piece, I'd suggest just putting "con pedale" at the beginning and dropping all the actual articulations (you probably spent a long time putting them all in so that may put you in a bad mood; you can always hug it out with us if you need to). Then put a "sans senza pedale" at measure 66 where you drop it.
- I haven't taken a look at the whole thing for accuracy but what I've heard so far sounds pretty good. Nice work.

To be honest, it didn't take me too long to put them in.  It would have taken a lot longer if I had made sure they were perfectly attached, so I guess I'm glad I didn't waste that time :P  But looking at it now, it seems Finale doesn't playback "con pedale" statements well; should I hide the markings but still have them in the file for Finale playback?  Or should I just remove them anyway?

Th3Gavst3r

Good playback is always nice so people can hear intended style in the midi. Hiding everything shouldn't be too hard and it'll save your work so I would do it :)
As a note, I would also watch your staff spacing when you format it, some of those 8va's are really ambiguous. Technically 8va means take it down an octave when placed below a staff and in measure 34 it's actually closer to the bass staff on the last line, so hug the 8va's close and spread the staves out if you need to.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

By the way, does anyone have an idea of how I should notate the 'echos' in Don't Give Up?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

No Idea Braix...

Anyway.. Here's Tem Village (Genocide) (Co-arranged By Yug_Guy)
[Mus]

Braix still need's that question answered BTW

Zeila

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 11, 2016, 07:49:51 AMBy the way, does anyone have an idea of how I should notate the 'echos' in Don't Give Up?

In Bring It In, Guys, I changed the echo noteheads to x's and put the expression "eco" so that it's clearer. I think some people resized the noteheads as well. After listening to the song though, I think only an accent and/or diminuendo is necessary

Tobbeh99

When some "genocide themes" are being arranged I'd like to ask a question. I arranged Snowy (GENOCIDE) and took all the credit for it, it would be great if anyone could look it up, and the original, and see if I should change it and give Nebbles some credit as well.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh