News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

A Fond Farewell

Started by K-NiGhT, January 01, 2016, 09:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

This is going to be kinda long, so bear with me.

Let's take a trip back to 2010. That Easter, I was given an amazing gift from my grandparents. They had helped me purchase an upright digital piano. I was ecstatic. I spent all day in my room playing that thing. One day, I decided to go online and see if I could find any sheet music from some video games, since I was getting bored of playing the same songs over and over.

That's when I ran into NSM.

This site had everything I ever wanted as far as sheet music went. I would check the site every so often to see if there were new sheets. It would always take a while, but eventually new stuff would pop up. Around July of 2011, I discovered the forums for the first time.

That's when I met all of you.

I registered for an account on July 10th, 2011 (same day as Nebbles!) I started off by requesting a piece from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Bespinben, of course, immediately got to work on it.

That's when I became a part of something great.

For the next 4 and a half years, I was on NSM almost every day. It was always a place where I felt safe, a place I felt happy. I was going through a rough time in my life. I struggled with depression, I nearly committed suicide, my mom was ill with cancer, among a few things. I truly believe that NSM saved me through that time, along with a little help outside in the real world of course!

That's when I realized I'd have to move on.

About a year ago, I realized that my time on NSM was limited. I wasn't connecting with any of the newer members as well as the older ones who had come and gone, and I just felt like I was going through the motions. I decided that I would set my date of departure for July 10th, 2016 to make it an even five years. But it doesn't always work out that way.

I'm not really saying good-bye.

It's not like I'm leaving the entire internet. I'll still see a good share of you on Skype and the like. If you want to look me up, my Skype name should be in my profile. If I never really say good-bye, I never left. I'm just not here right now. Who knows? I may even come back someday, depending on where and how the chips fall.

Now, before I go, I'd like to apologize for my actions regarding recent incidents. I hadn't been on the forums in like a week, had no idea this was going on, and then didn't even know where the argument was taking place. Deku, I cannot apologize enough for what I did, but I'd like you to know that I had no ill intentions when I did it. I was just unsure of what to do.
Olimar, I'd like to apologize for taking the argument in the Chat Logs too far. I got going, and you didn't show any signs of letting up either, so it just blew up. I know we don't always see eye to eye, but one day I'd like to hope we can be on better terms like we used to be.

Anyway, my time is at hand. I'll see you all around.

Sincerely yours,
Marty Balmer (K-NiGhT)
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Sebastian

I will sincerely miss you! Have a good life, buddy :)

Dude

mikey

I salute you good man
hopefully nobody comes and blows this by saying "wow makes a new thread for no reason spam"
unmotivated

Bespinben

I'll never be able to watch this video the same way again.... K-night ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUmqObkihFw
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Ruto

Awww it makes me want to tinychat again. Remember all the fun we had bringing stuffed animals and Pokemon on webcam for lack of better things to say? Eh maybe I just miss being friends with people on the forum ._.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Take care in the rest of your life, K-NiGhT.
I apologize if what I said in that particular thread seemed dickish; I didn't intend for it to be so, just needed to get the point across to prevent it from happening in the future.
In any case, I hope we can see you back at NSM one day.
Bespinben y u make me teary with a PMD song for the umpteenth time
what is shitpost

braix

We never really got to know each other well, but you're a pretty chill guy. It's a shame you couldn't stay longer.
Hopefully we'll talk over Skype sometimes? ;)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Best wishes and best of luck to you, K-NiGhT. You will be missed. Hopefully.

Probably.

Maybe.

I know I will
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Not usually a fan of these topics, since the in-n'-out topic is supposed to be for this, but this one feels a bit different. You are someone I didn't expect to leave the forums in this sort of manner, and I guess I took for granted that you'd always be around. Also, sorry about that whole ordeal in the chat log topic, I really was just messing around (laughing my ass off, quite literally) and I didn't think you would get as upset over it as you did. If it means anything, I was never really angry with you or held a grudge about the ban thing. I had actually forgotten about it until dude brought it back up in the news topic.

Looking back on things, I'll always remember our Xbox minecrafting days fondly, back when we tried to make an NSM village but never really finished it and instead went on sweet mining adventures. That was fun.

Goodbye, xK-NiGhTx.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Wow...I never really knew you...as I was not too active on the forums, until recently...in fact, i only ever  talked to you when you sent me the Nsm superlative message...but for some reason, i feel like this forum is losing a very big part of it... Have a good life, hope you are sucessful in whatever you do!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

JDMEK5

Aw man; see you K-NiGhT! It's been awesome knowing you. Have a good life and although I may not be here by then, be sure to drop in again eventually and let us know how you're doing!

"Even if we walk different paths, one must always live on as strong as you are able!
You must never treat your own life as something insignificant!
You must never forget the friends you love for as long as you live!"

I wish you the best of luck for the entirety of your future, bud. Till we meet again, keep it up.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Saria

Good bye K-NiGhT :'( You'll always be my knight in shining armor

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 02, 2016, 09:56:50 AM"Even if we walk different paths, one must always live on as strong as you are able!
You must never treat your own life as something insignificant!
You must never forget the friends you love for as long as you live!"
I GOT THAT REFERENCE it's from Fairy Tail.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

JDMEK5

Quote from: Saria on January 02, 2016, 12:54:41 PMI GOT THAT REFERENCE it's from Fairy Tail.
This is what I was listening to while I read and replied.

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26