Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Brawler4Ever

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Latios212

It's dangerous to go alone without correct formatting! Take this.

Note: There are still changes to be made, I just took a couple of minutes to fix a few of the bigger things.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

Thanks! I fixed some errors in the second layer. Mine (for whatever reason) didn't have any rests, like they should have. It messed with things, but they're fixed in this version.

For 24-31, should the right hand take the melody when it's not doing the scale?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Bespinben

You got m. 1-4 right.

M. 5-8:
*You were right to write the bass notes according to rhythm of the snare drum, but these notes should double the melody, since there is already a (very) soft voice playing in this register. What you wrote alters the composition by adding non-existent harmonies.

Revised
Brawler4Ever's

M. 9-12:
*There is more than just unison of the melody here. The harp harmonizes with the melody on the down-beats. Due to this, the easiest way to play the off-beats is with the LH, not the RH (hence the cross-staff notation).

Revised
Brawler4Ever's

M. 13-20:
*Notes. Notes. Notes. Write the ones that are there. Don't write the ones that are not.

Revised
Brawler4Ever's

M. 21-22:
*Lots of octave doubling is going on here. This way better reflects the forte dynamic level that you indicated. Also, articulation.

Revised
Brawler4Ever's

M. 23-30:
Quote from: Brawler4Ever on October 27, 2015, 03:52:54 PMFor 24-31, should the right hand take the melody when it's not doing the scale?
*I would argue that the 16th arpeggio run should be altogether omitted. It adds a huge difficulty spike to the arrangement, and after some experimentation, I concluded there's no pleasant way to incorporate it that keeps the timpani in it's original octave and allows the melody+harmonies to be played similtaneously. I would instead recommend emphasizing the pompousness of this section by further reinforcing the remaining parts with filler accompaniment.
Revised
Brawler4Ever's

M. 33-37:
*Again, notes. The F's in the RH of in m. 33, 35, & 37. The octave registers of the parts in m. 36. The non-existent doubling of the LH in the RH in m. 37.

Revised
Brawler4Ever's

M. 33-37:
*This is the climax of the piece. Make it sound like it. Notice the step-wise descending bass. Notice sustained Gmaj7 chord in m. 40 (the ONLY instance of this in the song). Writing forte isn't enough to add tension; it has to sound like it as well.
(Yes, I took some "liberties" in my revision, but it was within the scope of the already established harmonies of the song, which only needed some inversion of the chords to work as a solo piano arrangement)
(Also, why would you write Fb and an E natural in unison on the same beat? It's a Gb7 chord.)

Revised
Brawler4Ever's

I really didn't want to have to re-transcribe your entire sheet, but I felt it was necessary to show you just how much needed to be done, both for this, and in general. I hope this helps, and maybe try something a little easier next time please? (For mine and your sakes)

Revised files:
[MID] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

unmotivated

DonValentino

"Last Active: January 04, 2016, 09:05:28 PM"

Yeah, most likely.

mikey

unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit odd to have the theme starting on beat 3 of an upbeat at the beginning and then on beat 1 in bar 9? I think an extended bar in the middle somewhere would make more sense so that it starts on beat 1 at the beginning. At least that's how it feels when I listen to it.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot