News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

General Metroid

Started by mikey, January 30, 2016, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I was digging around and couldn't find one because I just read an online thing about the Metroid storyline
WHY IS NINTENDO GIVING UP ON THEIR DEEPEST STORY
unmotivated

Dudeman

The only reason I can think of is because it doesn't sell. Which is bologna, because if they released a new game now (note: not Federation Force, it may be okay but it's not Metroid), it would be an instant goldmine with proper hype buildup.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I just can't believe they'd rather release the same Mario game 3 times than try to make another Metroid sidescroller
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

What I'd really like is a Metroid II remake. If done right, it would be amazing.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

is there anyone who can give a general summary of each of the games without it being too in-depth?  I been looking online and reading lore, which is great, but it doesn't make much sense when you only know alittle bit about metroid
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

everything
just a storyline of the games without going too far into backstory stuff, so that I can act like I've played them all
unmotivated

DonValentino

Just play them all, you'll thank me later. You can grab Metroid Prime Trilogy from the eShop or maybe Zero Mission if you want to start with 2D before trying 3D. :J

Olimar12345

Zero mission comes first chronologically anyway.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Where does metroid fusion and metroid prime come in?  Those are the only two I've played enough to know what's going on
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Olimar12345

The Metroid timeline is nothing like the Zelda timeline. It goes in order and doesn't fuck up as much.

Still hoping that we eventually get a Metroid 5...

Olimar12345

mikey

nice to know they remembered this is a series
*sniff*

I know metroid is a 3D game now but I really wouldn't mind another sidescroller
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 13, 2017, 09:29:22 AMBump. It's not metroid 5, but jfc I'll take anything at this point:

https://www.destructoid.com/metroid-prime-4-gets-teased-for-switch-442391.phtml
I take it you're not much of a fan of the Prime series?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book