Pokémon Red, Blue, & Yellow

Started by SlowPokemon, January 31, 2016, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which legendary bird Pokémon is your favorite?

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Oronoco

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

mikey

I'm pretty shocked that articuno is winning
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I'm not haha. Articuno was always the coolest of the birds (no pun intended probably). Like idk if anyone would choose Moltres or Zapdos over it (though Zapdos is also shockingly cool [no pun intended again probably]).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Articuno is best but mostly because ice beam rekts shit

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

i'm all abt them fast electric types though

TheDreamingHawk

Well, I come back after feeling a bit down/nervous for a while and goodness, Articuno is winning

Good job folks, superior ice Bird FTW

But in all seriousness, I'll probably pick up Yellow, beat Misty, and then rush to Fuschia, beat Erika and Koga and then go to capture my waifu OP Articuno.

That being said Yellow is a bit more difficult than RB, so beating Koga may be easier said than done...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on February 21, 2016, 01:18:33 PMThat being said Yellow is a bit more difficult than RB, so beating Koga may be easier said than done...
Really? I've always found Yellow a little easier because, even though the early game is pretty difficult (up until Lt. Surge with the exception of Misty, probably), you can switch between all three of the regular starters at will- assuming you train them all, of course. Koga especially, because the only threat he really has is Venomoth (or... nothing, if you have a Charizard by that point; whereas, by that same point in Red/Blue, you probably wouldn't have anything super effective against only Poison-type).

EDIT: To be fair, the first time I played through Yellow (when I was really young), I only trained Pikachu and Charizard, so Blaine was difficult, and Giovanni was next to impossible. I finally was able to beat him after raising my Blastoise to around Level 40-or-so and after chipping away at him with my other Pokemon. Lesson learned, needless to say!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I found training the starters relatively useless.  They usually sat in my box molding to oblivion
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

^Somebody never discovered razor leaf

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

^lol true Razor Leaf is like a 100% critical hit guarantee in the first game

mikey

that's fine, Pikachu can learn razor leaf
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I just looked up critical hit mechanics for the first time and it's super interesting

Gen I had it literally determined by base speed which is ridiculous (meaning that moves like Persian's Slash or Venusaur's Razor Leaf have a 99.6% chance of being a critical hit)

Nebbles

Gen one meta is my favorite because it's stupidly broken.

Never forget, Hyper Beam doesn't have to recharge if you knock out the opposing Pokemon!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Thunderbolt Gyarados
to kill your opponent's gyarados
unmotivated