News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Zeila's Miscellaneous Arrangements - (New: RWBY & Gundam)

Started by Zeila, February 04, 2016, 09:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

Zeila

It's been over a year since I actually completed two sheets (that aren't vgm). I really need to finish my incomplete ones, but here you go!

Mobile Suit Gundam UC
"DAGUZA" - Solo Piano
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF | Original

This was done by request and I know nothing about the anime. It is kind of hard to discern the rhythm at times, but I tried

RWBY
"When Weiss Was Ten" - Solo Piano

This is basically a piano version of "The Path to Isolation". The soundtrack is pretty good and I'll likely do more arrangements/transcriptions in the future

Libera

Yay RWBY stuff!  I've been wanting to do some RWBY arrangements as well but I'm too busy at the moment.  I'll definitely have a look at this later when I'm not on my phone.

Libera

I managed to have a look at this and it looks really good!  I don't have my keyboard at the moment so I didn't check notes but I from going through the pdf and listening nothing sticks out to me as wrong.  The only thing I did think is that maybe you could put the clef change in the left hand back to bar 15?  It means less ledger lines overall and I think most pianists are better at reading high bass clef in the left hand than low treble. 

Nice work!

Zeila

Quote from: Libera on August 26, 2018, 02:26:04 AMI managed to have a look at this and it looks really good!  I don't have my keyboard at the moment so I didn't check notes but I from going through the pdf and listening nothing sticks out to me as wrong.  The only thing I did think is that maybe you could put the clef change in the left hand back to bar 15?  It means less ledger lines overall and I think most pianists are better at reading high bass clef in the left hand than low treble. 

Nice work!
Gosh, it's been so long since you sent this. Even though I'm replying super late, I still appreciate the fact that you looked at it! I took your consideration into account and changed it. Also, I've been in a RWBY kick lately so there will be more to come apart from this update (but most are just straight up transcriptions)

Most of these songs were done in December/January, so oops. I just never got around to posting them until now. The only recently completed one is Halberd, even though that was mostly done by December too

Bloom Into You
"Earnest Wish" – Solo Piano
This one was pretty easy to finish since it's a little repetitive, but it's still a nice piece

Hibike! Euphonium
"Medley" – Solo Piano
This consists of the following tracks from Disc 1 (in order of appearance):
Track 1 – はじまりの旋律 / Hajimari no Senritsu
Track 22 – 張り詰めた糸のように / Haritsumeru Ito no Youni
Track 19 – 意識の萌芽 / Ishiki no Houga
Track 28 – 重なる心 / Kasanaru Kokoro
Track 17 – 運命の流れ / Unmei no Nagare
It was nearly complete for over a year and I just needed to write a transition between 28 and 17. I'm still not quite happy with it (or 19 -> 28 either), but I mostly wanted to finish it and get rid of a WIP

Kirby's Epic Yarn
"Halberd" – 2 Marimba, Xylophone, Piano, Bass Guitar, Drum Set
While I was editing my solo piano version, I decided to do this as well. There's a chance that this will be performed live, so hopefully it does happen and turns out well!

RWBY
"Chapter 4 – Family, Pt. 1 (Let's Just Live)" – Solo Piano
This roughly coincides with the TV opening. The intro is slightly different and it's in 3/4 instead of 4/4. I like that they changed the song titles from "chapter # - x, part 1" to more descriptive names in volume 5, so hopefully that trend continues

"Forever Fall" (Incomplete/Show Version) – Piano & Vocals
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF
I'm likely going to do the full thing once the soundtrack comes out, which is 1-2 months from now. I have no idea if the B section will even end up in the full version, but it was part of the scene the song played in and I felt it would be nice to include it

Steven Universe
"Escapism" – Guitar and Vocals
Idk how to play the guitar so the tabs may not be optimal, and there are likely better ones out there by now

Dekkadeci

Tried listening to your Kirby's Epic Yarn Halberd arrangement on Finale Notepad 2012 and as the MIDI. The piano sounds like tubular bells/chimes, the marimbas sound like plucked string instruments, and the xylophone sounds like a glockenspiel. It was a little disconcerting. At least the bass sounded like a (electric) bass, although it didn't sound like slap bass when notated in Bars 43-49.

mikey

Ooh now I gotta give that a listen sounds divine

...it almost sounds like a samba?  Amazing
unmotivated

Zeila

I used a different soundfont so I guess finale couldn't handle converting it to the proper instrument when exporting it to midi/mus. I only bothered with changing Halberd for now and the links should be the same

Zeila

There's only one new sheet today, and this time I'm actually posting it soon after I finished. There's a good chance I'll edit it within the next few days, but for the most part it is complete

[SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses
"The Edge of Dawn" – Piano & Vocals

This is what plays during the credits, so beware if you haven't beaten the game yet and care about saving soundtracks for the actual game (good on you guys! I'm impatient). I'm not sure if/when I'll do a solo piano version as it is low priority atm. I just got the game yesterday and there are a lot of nice tracks actually, but I have other things planned and WIP's to work on

edit: it's officially been edited, and some notes and general formatting stuff were changed

Zeila

Why finish your WIP's when you can start and finish two other pieces?

RWBY
"Miracle" – Solo Piano
This is my first attempt at arranging a rock song w/ typical rock instruments for solo piano and I really only did it because Miracle is my favorite song from the Volume 6 OST

"Silver Eyes" – Solo Piano
This one is another one of my favorites from the OST. I took a few liberties with this one such as deriving some harmonies from the acoustic version of This Will Be the Day and reworking the harp part in m88-91

Libera

Yay more RWBY!  Taking a listen now...

Edit:

I always like to see solo piano arrangements of the vocal tracks from RWBY.  I think around 2017 I tried to work some out on piano but I wasn't very good at it and I could never find anything good online.  So specifically I had a look at Miracle and I've got some corrections/suggestions:

-Personally I think I'd keep the drum-inspired accompaniment pattern at the begin all the way up to 13.  The main reason is that you have a loss of energy at the moment going into bar 5-6 which takes away from the build up but also it just makes the opening a little more consistent.
-Casey sings a C at the end of bar 94 rather than an An.
-In bars 121 and 129 there's no F.  The lyrics there are two syllable 'Point-less' and 'Quick-ly'.
-I think this might be due to mistakenly copy/pasting from 16-18, but the rhythm isn't the same in 66-68.  Particularly there's no Eb to start that phrase and the last three notes are all crotchet length.
-Surprisingly, beginning with the F chord in bar 83, it and the next two chords are all on the beat rather than just before it.
-The ending sounds like it should just be a quaver chord, maybe with an accent, rather than long sustained chord.
-The rhythm in 144-145 sounds slightly off.  I think the G in bar 144 comes a quaver later and the Bb in bar 145 also comes a quaver later.
-I think the pickups in bars 143 and 145 sound more like they're both Fs.  Although admittedly they're so short its kind of hard to hear.
-Oddly enough I think that the G in bar 147 actually comes a quaver earlier as opposed to in 143 where it does come on the beat.

Hope that helps, and if you want me to look at it any more closely I can.

Zeila

Thank you for taking a look at it! And yes, there aren't many RWBY arrangements out there

Quote from: Libera on September 03, 2019, 12:25:59 AMI always like to see solo piano arrangements of the vocal tracks from RWBY.  I think around 2017 I tried to work some out on piano but I wasn't very good at it and I could never find anything good online.
Yeah it's hard trying to condense and translate most of the vocal songs to solo piano. I think Semblance Sounds makes some good covers imo but there's no sheet music. If you ever give it another try I'd love to see some!

Quote from: Libera on September 03, 2019, 12:25:59 AM-I think this might be due to mistakenly copy/pasting from 16-18, but the rhythm isn't the same in 66-68.  Particularly there's no Eb to start that phrase and the last three notes are all crotchet length.
Ah it was! I fixed the copy discrepancies in m75-78 but missed this one. I updated the left hand a bit too

Quote from: Libera on September 03, 2019, 12:25:59 AM-Oddly enough I think that the G in bar 147 actually comes a quaver earlier as opposed to in 143 where it does come on the beat.
It's sounds kind of ambiguous/in between, but I'll change it anyways

Quote from: Libera on September 03, 2019, 12:25:59 AMHope that helps, and if you want me to look at it any more closely I can.
It did, thanks once again! Aside from your other comments, I also decided to change the A natural to a G in the RH part of m77, made the LH part slightly different there, and updated the bass run in m149. The only concerns I have apart from playability (which I think I'll just leave it to the performer to decide whether to play it as is or omit certain things like the lower octaves in the LH in m134+) and the overall style are enharmonic spellings, so if you spot any errors then I'll be sure to fix those!

Zeila

Yet again I have more RWBY songs to share

RWBY
"Cold" – Solo Piano
There are already quite a few versions of Cold out there, but I did this as part of a project that I'll be undertaking during the course of this year (whether or not I actually complete it is a different story). I'd say this arrangement is at least different in the sense that part of it was based off of the live version at RTX 2016 instead of just the original

"This Will Be The Day (Acoustic)" – Solo Piano
The left hand can be a little wonky at times but it works enough

Aside from more RWBY songs in the future, I have more stuff in the works that will hopefully be completed before the end of March. I also updated the OP to include two pieces from my VGM arrangements thread since they are unsubmittable and based off of either 2 songs or an unofficial arrangement

Zeila

It's near the end of march, but I no longer have a set deadline for finishing some of my big band/orchestra transcriptions due to shows being cancelled. Aside from working on those, I finished a whopping 5 RWBY songs since February

RWBY
"All Our Days" – Solo Piano
This was mostly straight-forward, I just modified a few things throughout the song

"All Things Must Die" – Solo Piano
This turned out better than I thought it would tbh. I now know what diminished scales are too

"Fear" – Voice, vocals, piano, 2 violin, viola, cello, 2 guitars, bass guitar, drum set
This credits song summed up Volume 7 pretty nicely, and it sounds great too. I added a small part as well

"Hero" – Voice, vocals, 2 guitars, bass guitar, drum set
This song is pretty neat and I'm looking forward to hearing it in June or whenever the soundtrack comes out

"Until the End" – Voice, piano
This was quite simple to transcribe. I later noticed that the LH octaves are played a little too much, but I am too lazy to fix that atm and will do so once the full version comes out

Zeila

Back again with two new sheets:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
"Bunny Day" – 2 Flute, 2 French Horn, Tuba, Drum Set, Acoustic Guitar, Egg Shaker
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF | MP3 | Original
Just don't mind the stalker bunny while you're harmlessly going about your day...

Steven Universe
"I'm Still Here" – Solo Piano
This is definitely one of my favorite instrumental pieces from the show