[3DS] Fire Emblem: Fates - "Lost In Thoughts All Alone

Started by ShadowChords, February 22, 2016, 10:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowChords

I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

Latios212

You posted a link to the Sm4sh version, so either change that or the topic title accordingly based on which version you want.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Magalamoto18

Quote from: ShadowChords on February 22, 2016, 10:09:38 AMhttp://youtu.be/L2jMZFdcETY
Are you talking about the original soundtrack from Fire Emblem Fates or the remix in Smash Bros? I'd be willing to help with either one :)

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Magalamoto18

I'm proud to announce that I have finally finished an ACCURATE arrangement of "Lost In Thoughts All Alone". Accurate in contrast to many other arrangements I've seen. The song is in the key of Db Major, but everyone arranges it in the key of F Major for some reason. I also wrote some of the lyrics in too, so if you feel the urge to sing, be my guest. The link is below. If it needs more work or fixing up, definitely let me know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByS9mBRRrJgVNmRoQmRmUTE4Z28

Nebbles

You wrote the lyrics?! Holy cow, thank you so much!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Magalamoto18

Quote from: Nebbles on May 22, 2016, 12:31:52 AMYou wrote the lyrics?! Holy cow, thank you so much!
So here is my question- if it's correct and sounds good enough- what do I need to do to get this song on the main NSM website?

Maelstrom

Quote from: Magalamoto18 on May 22, 2016, 05:34:16 AMSo here is my question- if it's correct and sounds good enough- what do I need to do to get this song on the main NSM website?
You may not like this, but you'll need a .mus file created with finale.
That means exporting a XML file from whatever program you use, importing it to  finale, and editing it properly.
HOWEVER.
This will need a bit of editing.
This is a long song, and does not repeat verbatim and would need a bit of editing to be 100% accurate.

Also: What version of the song are you getting this from.

Magalamoto18

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 22, 2016, 09:43:39 AMYou may not like this, but you'll need a .mus file created with finale.
That means exporting a XML file from whatever program you use, importing it to  finale, and editing it properly.
HOWEVER.
This will need a bit of editing.
This is a long song, and does not repeat verbatim and would need a bit of editing to be 100% accurate.

Also: What version of the song are you getting this from.

1. Thanks for the info, and I realized I don't have the software to make a .mus file, so is there another way to get it on the website?
2. The version I transcribed was the basic version of "Lost In Thoughts All Alone" from Birthright, however I did include the lyrics to parts of the Conquest and Revelation versions on seperate lines, since they all follow the same tune. If you guys want, I could transcribe the Conquest and Revelaton versions of this song.

Magalamoto18

What software should I be using to do all that? The only music writing software I have right now is an iOS app called "iWriteSheetMusic".

Nebbles

We use finale notepad here, and you should be able to download a free version of that.

Magalamoto18

Quote from: Nebbles on May 22, 2016, 12:23:56 PMWe use finale notepad here, and you should be able to download a free version of that.
Okay so I got Finale Notepad but it won't let me import the song from iWriteShetMusic so does that mean I have to rewrite the whole thing?

EDIT: Also, I wrote the song in 3/4 time, and it won't let me change the key nor tempo without buying the full version, which I don't have the money on iTunes do.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, this app won't let me write in the lyrics like I did in the other software -_-

Nebbles

Er, you might? I haven't used that other program before, so I dunno.

Magalamoto18

Would it be possible if I provided the PDF and MIDI files (I currently have both) but someone else converts it into a MUS file for me? Or is it something only the arranger of the song can do?

Latios212

MIDIs generally don't import into Finale well. If you can generate an XML file, that would be better.

Also:
Quote from: Latios212 on February 23, 2016, 05:16:46 PMI think I'll take a stab at the FE version.
I know this was a while ago but I do intend on completing my own version.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle