News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 05, 2016, 11:32:48 AMThe real question is whether or not it's something we'll actually care about or just another flailing attempt to be """"innovative""""
Quotes from reliable sources that have been in touch with those with dev packets are saying that it's the Wii to the WiiU's Gamecube, if you get what I mean. Super innovation that's almost guaranteed to be the next big thing.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nana1Popo2

I'm having some pretty high hopes for Nintendo, for once..
Although too much is getting 'leaked' by 'reliable sources', it's looking promising for once.
I think Nintendo is going to have a great year at E3. I'm ready for the official updates on the NX, Zelda U, and Pokemon GO! (hopefully).
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

JDMEK5

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 05, 2016, 11:32:48 AMThe real question is whether or not it's something we'll actually care about or just another flailing attempt to be """"innovative""""
Quote from: Dudeman on March 05, 2016, 02:53:16 PMQuotes from reliable sources that have been in touch with those with dev packets are saying that it's the Wii to the WiiU's Gamecube, if you get what I mean. Super innovation that's almost guaranteed to be the next big thing.
Just be aware is all. I used to be way to critical too but now I'm more careful. I'm still critical, but watchful.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

you guys have seen the schematic for the controller right
if it actually is a touch screen like a phone I'll cry and never buy Nintendo products again after I get zelda
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 08, 2016, 02:39:00 PMyou guys have seen the schematic for the controller right
if it actually is a touch screen like a phone I'll cry and never buy Nintendo products again after I get zelda
That was never stated to be a schematic for the NX's controller. It was just a patent filed by Nintendo. It wouldn't be the first time they've filed a still-unused design.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

Yeah, most patents don't go anywhere and are just filed "just in case". By no means they should be considered confirmed, or at least, final versions of the models shown.

I believe this rumor about the NX was not too spread, yes? Well so far, so good, I like all these supposed features. Grain of salt as always, but I do have high expectations for the NX, I mean, it's not like Nintendo would like to repeat the Wii U debacle with their next console right?

Also read that Nintendo is supposedly trying to pull another Bayo 2 and securing Beyond Good and Evil 2 as an NX exclusive. Hallelujah if true!

mikey

that seems a bit impossible for Nintendo
I mean, running PS and Xbox games?
unmotivated

Dudeman

I think it means that porting a game from either of those two consoles to the NX requires virtually no modifications. I don't think you'd be able to straight-up play an Xbox or PS4 game on the system itself.

mikey

I realize that, still seems far-reaching
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Not really if the architecture between the two is similar enough. Or at least much easier to work around than going from 360 to Wii U, anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

if it is real I'm looking forward to unreal engine 4 zelda
unmotivated

DonValentino

Imo no matter how you see it, it's hard to believe they'd risk themselves again with a new console that's not at least on par with the ones currently on the market. And they should be pretty confident about it to just confirm its existence a little more than 2 years from the Wii U release date.

JDMEK5

If they only release "WiiU" Zelda on NX instead, I'm gonna be extremely pissed cuz that was one of the biggest reasons I got a WiiU. But I'll also be pleased that it's on a more advanced system. But then I'll be pissed again knowing I'll have to throw another couple hundred bucks at Nintendo's feet to play the stupid thing. Oh and the game will prob be like Xenoblade Chronicles and cost like $100 at least right out of the gate.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Dudeman

$100? Really? Nintendo knows what's going to sell, but that seems jerkishly high for them. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the game is cross-platform, like Twilight Princess was for the Gamecube and Wii.

Gee, the similarities between the Gamecube-Wii transition and the WiiU-NX transition just get stronger...

JDMEK5

Quote from: Dudeman on March 11, 2016, 10:47:37 AMAlso I wouldn't be surprised if the game is cross-platform, like Twilight Princess was for the Gamecube and Wii.
This is my comfort thought.

But I mean, look at Twilight Princess HD. They basically claimed the updated graphics, enhanced sound, port to WiiU, and extra dungeon worth $70. (Oh and the amiibo) They were charging $80 for it all, and the Wii version costs $10 at the local shop. Nintendo is getting ridiculous with their prices on games. WiiU games were the most expensive I'd ever seen and I don't expect it to get any better.

My Arrangements