Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Smashing Song of Praise
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Maelstrom & Mr. ML&G

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

Tobbeh99

This song goes in a compound meter, 6/8 or 12/8, probably the later in Q.=135.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

Pianist Da Sootopolis

There should be a significant MM change at 25, followed by an "A tempo" marking at 29.
what is shitpost

Mr ML and G

Update: Changed tempo marking at some measures. Sorry for the late response, I had to study. :-\
3mlg5u

DonValentino

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

DonValentino

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

Mr ML and G

Quote from: DonValentino on March 12, 2016, 01:43:58 PMOops, G minor sorry, had other things in mind...
Actually I think it starts from G major and then it keeps changing scales so it doesn't have a stable one...
3mlg5u

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I wonder if you could make those figures at M. 74 turns? It'd help to clean up the sheet a little and make it clearer to the performer.
what is shitpost

Zeila

Some advice:
  • If you're in 6/8, the tempo marking should be a dotted quarter. Also, I've never seen an "a tempo" look like that before (it's not wrong though, just an observation)
  • It is in G minor (or at least, that would make more sense than G major). The timpani/LH is based off of G mostly and the F# leads to the G (idk much music theory, but I do know that that's the norm in harmonic minor scales). Even if the key signature does change, it doesn't hurt to notate that (unless it's like every measure)
  • Is there a reason why you placed mf again at m17? If you think it's necessary, then you should put parenthesis around it. Idk if a dynamic marking is necessary at m52 or not
  • The RH m1-8, 72 should be up an octave, and it's either just octaves or change the F to a G. You're also missing a grace note before the quarter notes (and the first note m28, 56). You could put accents or tenutos on them too (same thing with beats 1 and 4 in the LH part, but those are technically emphasized anyways
  • LH m8 and 16 are varied on the last 3 counts. There are other spots where they're slightly varied so while you're reviewing/adding stuff, try and listen
  • You got the rhythm wrong m10-11 and 14-15 (there should be a rest on count 4), and I think that section is just one note (F)
  • You're missing some harmonies m20-23, 32, 33-35, and 51-52 (Instead of the LH part, its just harmonies in the RH. The chord is still sustained). Conversely, you added harmonies that weren't there m25-28, 54-56 (I think that's a case by case scenario depending on the voices and whatnot, but in this case it would be best if you left them out)
  • You should clean up m30/31 and m59-64. Just use dotted half or quarter notes instead of a bunch of ties
  • In m68, the D is held for a dotted quarter (unless you did that as some kind of transition)
  • I think some of the harmonies at the last section are off
  • Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 13, 2016, 01:22:26 PMI wonder if you could make those figures at M. 74 turns? It'd help to clean up the sheet a little and make it clearer to the performer.

Mr ML and G

I still think it is in G major because the last chord usually shows the scale and the F# leads generally in G (not only minor).
However I'll start working on your other notes.  ::)
3mlg5u

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It's definitely G minor. There are some smaller tones through in the way of B flats (even just the first real big cadence in the piece), and F# acts as the leading tone into g minor, and is especially stronger for this purpose.
what is shitpost