WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

WaluigiTime64

I don't feel like I could submit this one:

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night:
 - Song of the Night Sparrow ~ Night Bird: MUS

The original song has so much going on in it that I couldn't possibly have put all of it in the arrangement. I did what I could, and hopefully got it as accurate as possible. Either way it's probably too difficult for the main site to allow.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

That moment when the Stage 5 boss theme is 3 and a half minutes long:

Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object:
 - The Tiger Patterned Vaisravana: MUS

This song is much longer than I anticipated, as 128 measures is quite a lot. I have a feeling that my arrangement might be a little too difficult, so I'll probably simplify it when I want to submit it.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

I shouldn't tolerate week-long breaks like this:

Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object:
 - Returning Home from the Sky ~ Sky Dream: MUS

This sheet can only look good if formatted in some way. It's not a complete mess, but it's not the particularly pleasing thing to look at. Also it took me this long to realise that my method of "hiding" the pedal markings is ineffective when you export it as a PDF. So instead of shoving the articulations to the left, I shoved them far to the right.

mikey

unmotivated

Dude

If you want me to tune the eosd songs so they're on key, I can do that since you said you had trouble with 'em.

It helped when I was doing some.

WaluigiTime64

From what I remember, they're all shifted up by about 15 cents, but if you know that exact value(s) that would help a lot! Thanks.

Dude

It varies from track to track.

I'll get on it if I can't fall asleep soon.

WaluigiTime64

WaluigiTime64

After a long while, I have returned to arranging, and I'm in a Mega Man mood:

Mega Man 10:
 - Nitro Rider (Nitro Man Stage): MUS

I forgot how amazing this song is. I'm probably going to submit this soon.

WaluigiTime64

Next arrangement:

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism:
 - Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye: MUS

This looks and sounds a million times better in MuseScore than NotePad, though the latter might just be because of the nice soundfont I have. I might send an MP3+PDF at some point, because I absolutely hate how NotePad managed to ruin the last section. Welp, nothing I can do about that right now.

WaluigiTime64

Happy Halloween? (Or something, I dunno. I just used it as a dumb reason to arrange these two songs. I had something spookier, but it was taking a really long time):

Touhou 13: Ten Desires:
 - Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetery: MUS
 - Rigid Paradise: MUS

I'm starting to warm up a bit to the TD soundtrack, mostly because now I can complain about DDC's instead, but also because I'm realising how nice some of the songs are, these two being no exceptions. It's rare to see a Touhou song in 12/8, and the style of melody in Rigid Paradise is very non-standard, but they're both unique in a way that also sounds good.

There is a playback issue with NotePad that prevents the D.C. from working, but it shouldn't be an issue for someone trying to play it on piano.

WaluigiTime64

I'm trying to get back into arranging:

Mega Man 9:
 - Overdrive Scramble (Special Stage): MUS

I forgot how good the Mega Man 9 soundtrack was. I'll probably arrange some more I guess, possibly fix up my older arrangements while I'm at it.

I haven't been arranging at my usual pace recently, for 3 main reasons:
   1: I'm too busy, but even when I have free time I don't feel like I do.
   2: I've been composing more than arranging.
   3: I'm starting to run out of songs I really want to arrange (not even joking).

Although I'm still in my exam period (just one more week), I'll try to get some arranging done, possibly even getting back to my usual pace (1 every 1-2 days), but that might be a bit of a stretch as of now.

WaluigiTime64

I forgot how fun it was to arrange early in the morning:

Touhou 12.3: Unthinkable Natural Law:
 - The Scenery of Living Dolls: MUS ORIGINAL

I don't know what to think of this song. I like it, it just doesn't feel very... "Touhou". Either way I tried to make a decent sheet. I'm also going to start linking to the original songs in these posts, because I've completely forgotten to do that for about 8 months or so that I've been arranging. I'm also tempting to simply embed the video in the posts, but I'll think about it later.

WaluigiTime64

Something else:

Mega Man 9:
 - Plug Electric (Plug Man Stage): MUS ORIGINAL

I forgot about this theme entirely until today. Also I completely screwed up yesterday's post, whoops. This is what happens when I don't arrange for extended periods of time (or something).

WaluigiTime64

I like fast songs:

Touhou 13: Ten Desires:
 - Old Yuanxian: MUS ORIGINAL

This is probably the fastest song I've arranged which I feel is slightly more than "possible" to play (the fastest tempo-wise are DK64's Fungi Forest (Minecart) and Gloomy Galleon (Boat Race), which are both 195BPM). I feel like it could even be submitted, but I'd need a second opinion on that. I messed around with the bassline in order to get that fast feel, without being too difficult. Of course, you would need a pretty skilled pianist to play this, but at least it's quite possible. This is probably my favourite theme from Ten Desires, so I was going to arrange it sooner or later.