News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

NSM discusses the state of affairs

Started by Dude, March 26, 2016, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

So anyway, I was pointing out something very simple with my quote wall. Dude has been forgiven many times and a lot of his mistakes have been ignored during a time period in which only Kefka was a mod. there were no other mods. period. If you want to pretend like that's not the truth, fine.

Kefka, Ruto, Dude and some other veteran members do back eachother in arguments. That is also a fact. say what you will, but I will not revoke those statements.

Altissimo

Quote from: Winter on March 27, 2016, 03:08:24 PMSo anyway, I was pointing out something very simple with my quote wall. Dude has been forgiven many times and a lot of his mistakes have been ignored during a time period in which only Kefka was a mod. there were no other mods. period. If you want to pretend like that's not the truth, fine.

This can only be relevant if you can prove that, during this same period, Kefka showed undue amounts of discrimination toward other members.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Winter on March 27, 2016, 03:08:24 PMSo anyway, I was pointing out something very simple with my quote wall. Dude has been forgiven many times and a lot of his mistakes have been ignored during a time period in which only Kefka was a mod. there were no other mods. period. If you want to pretend like that's not the truth, fine.
please read my post :] besides this point(and the quote wall) can't be relevant in anyway, unless you can back up your claims that if it was someone else in the same position other than Dude, the person would have been treated with bias.

Quote from: Winter on March 27, 2016, 03:08:24 PMKefka, Ruto, Dude and some other veteran members do back eachother in arguments. That is also a fact. say what you will, but I will not revoke those statements.
Again, you're focusing on the people behind the arguments instead of the actual arguments. It's a logical fallacy!! It doesn't matter who is defending who, just their arguments.

Winter

Fine, damn i'll go through every post ever in this forum and ban 40% of you guys. At least then I'll be treating you all fairly, say goodbye to literally all of our mods. all of our updaters, all of our veteran members, and literally everybody that isn't one of the people that stopped by and made 2-3 posts thanking NSM for hosting their favorite sheet music an promptly leaving.

You've all broken rules or been assholes at some point. Besides Bespinben, what a larke.

Trust me, you don't WANT every post to be looked at equally. This is why mods exist and can choose what are warnings, what are temporary bans. And objectively, Dude had it coming to him! More than anybody!

Got over yourselves.

SlowPokemon

I think you're missing the point, Winter...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

If you're willing to say something of someone you should be ready to have the shit to back your claims up. You're antagonizing Kefka but you're uncapable of providing reasoning to why that is(other than personal problems). You see the problem?

Winter

If you look closely, I didn't do anything besides put some things out in the open., I didn't ban Dude, I didn't do anything except respond to his post to inform him that yes, he did indeed deserve a 3 day ban, probably more. And sure NSM also has a bit of a questionable staff situation, it's pretty freaking obvious. I'm trying to address that right now! Kefka's an asshole and works /alone/ but I'd agree with 90% of his bans and decisions. I do not, however agree with what he has neglected to IGNORE.

As fas as Maestro, you say things are unfair, he obviously agrees and is attempting to change things RIGHT NOW.

The other two mods I barely know, but give them a break, they're doing their jobs too! Who gives a shit if you got a warning??? It's a warning, I can't imagine how many real-life jobs would be lost with that attitude.

Me on the other hand, I do NOTHING right now because the forum is so hard to participate in, I mean seriously, Deku left me all alone with you assholes, I'll bet it you asked him, he'd say he left because he was left alone with all you assholes when NSM ran off Universe-X, Shadoninja, and the other Updaters got lives.

Maybe the problem is the forum and not the staff.

SlowPokemon

Er... Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were inactive long before Deku left, right?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

I stopped posting after a while, but I worked one-on-one with Deku checking sheets until the day he left

Olimar12345

Lol what? I don't remember that, and I was here when Deku bid farewell.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

MaestroUGC

The point is Dude called into question the character of certain members of the forum and accused them of bias, and immediately went to use himself as an example of said bias. The immediate counter argument to that is you cannot possibly be unbiased about actions taken against you, so the fact you're accusing others of bias for said action is already questionable. Secondly, this is entirely a debate of character of people and the perspectives thereof, so Winter's quote wall goes a long way to showing the long term behavior of Dude, who's actions are now being called into question. It clearly demonstrates a pattern of outbursts and relative silence from the moderators, when in most cases he should've been punished. Winter also brought up the Kefka was the only acting mod since roughly 2011-2015, until I came on board.

Also, one of you mentioned that I was a co-creator of Ruto's chat room, a fact that is false. I was invited in by Mashi and was promptly kicked upon my promotion to forum moderator, completely unprovoked. Said room was well established before I was there.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: Winter on March 27, 2016, 03:37:20 PMMe on the other hand, I do NOTHING right now because the forum is so hard to participate in
I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay attention to the off-topic section in order to do updates

Winter

I don't like working with Olimar, Dude.

Dude

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 27, 2016, 03:44:21 PMAlso, one of you mentioned that I was a co-creator of Ruto's chat room, a fact that is false. I was invited in by Mashi and was promptly kicked upon my promotion to forum moderator, completely unprovoked. Said room was well established before I was there.
Sorry, that was me, I thought you modded it for a while tho so I assumed you co-created it.