Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Title: Chain-Link Charge
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: TheMarioPianist

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMarioPianist

I don't know why, but I've had a recent revival of interest in 3D World's music. I mean, this OST is hard to hate collectively. Individual songs, sure, but overall, this soundtrack is able to cater to a wide variety of musical tastes (although jazz fans probably get something extra out of it). Anyway, this is just some useless jibber-jabber that probably serves no practical purpose. So, yeah. Chainlink Charge. Hope you like it.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

On my phone, but wow his looks and sounds great! I'll put it under the magnifying glass later, but great job, at first glance!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Bump.

(Olimar seems pretty busy with a lot of things at the moment, so if anyone else has some fixes on this one at all, feel free to comment!)

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

cashwarrior1

Would it be too difficult if you added the echoes on the measures with just a whole note in the right hand? Ex. m.18 The echoes start after measure 17.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 06, 2016, 05:15:12 AMWould it be too difficult if you added the echoes on the measures with just a whole note in the right hand? Ex. m.18 The echoes start after measure 17.
Oh, I didn't even hear those the first time I arranged this; good catch! I should be able to incorporate those. I'm at school right now, but I'll check them out when I get the chance.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Great sheet!

Just a few things I noticed (I didn't do any note checking).
- Courtesy accidentals in 9, 14, 20, & 37 (left hand) would be nice.
- Copyright seems a tad high.

Again, superb sheet! I'll get to checking the notes when I get on my computer.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Sebastian on April 07, 2016, 06:31:15 AMGreat sheet!

Just a few things I noticed (I didn't do any note checking).
- Courtesy accidentals in 9, 14, 20, & 37 (left hand) would be nice.
- Copyright seems a tad high.

Again, superb sheet! I'll get to checking the notes when I get on my computer.
Courtesy accidentals, good catch. Especially with a bass line like the one in this song. Constantly and quickly moving. And of course, none of my submissions would be complete without an error in aesthetics. Thanks for the tips, files have been updated!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

-LH measure 26 low D should be an Eb
-RH the grace note in measure 40: Eb should be a C. Also that chord shouldn't be a grace note, it should be an eighth note, preceded by a dotted quarter note.
-Since we use the American titles on this site, it should be "Chain-Link Charge"
-I'd just get rid of that second layer F in the RH in the last measure.
-this:
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 06, 2016, 05:15:12 AMWould it be too difficult if you added the echoes on the measures with just a whole note in the right hand? Ex. m.18 The echoes start after measure 17.
(the bari sax in measures 6 and 10 is what I think he's talking about, and if it isn't, that is what I'm referring to)
-I believe the last measure should look something like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Thanks for checking this over Olimar!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 08, 2016, 05:36:46 PM-LH measure 26 low D should be an Eb
I've listened to this chunk multiple times at various speeds, but I'm not hearing anything but a D here. I know slowing down the song can distort the sound, but I'm really wanting to trust my perfect pitch on this one.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 08, 2016, 05:36:46 PM-RH the grace note in measure 40: Eb should be a C. Also that chord shouldn't be a grace note, it should be an eighth note, preceded by a dotted quarter note.
I definitely agree with the rhythm change and the fact that the bottom note is not an Eb. However, through all the distortion I'm picking up a Db instead of a C. If you listen to this again and still hear a C, I'll take your word for it. Tbh, the only notes I hear are the Gb and a Db above the Gb (the latter, of course, is not the note leading to the D in the next dyad, so I left it out).

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 08, 2016, 05:36:46 PM-Since we use the American titles on this site, it should be "Chain-Link Charge"
-I'd just get rid of that second layer F in the RH in the last measure.
Both done. For some reason, the American OST that has been correct for every other 3D World sheet I've done had this one incorrect. Interesting.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 08, 2016, 05:36:46 PM-this:
(the bari sax in measures 6 and 10 is what I think he's talking about, and if it isn't, that is what I'm referring to)
Ok, I definitely heard what you were talking about, and I have fixed that. However, I wasn't sure what cashwarrior was referring to. Based on the measures he gave, I thought he was referring to the part that I end up transcribing in 41-47. I left them out originally mainly because I didn't hear that voice at first, but also because I didn't know whether that was playable while still maintaining the melody.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 08, 2016, 05:36:46 PM-I believe the last measure should look something like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I knew that last measure couldn't have been as ugly as I had originally transcribed it! That both looks and sounds a lot better.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I've changed the things I agreed with in the mus file, but left the uncertain things untouched for the most part. Let me know what you think. Thanks again!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on April 08, 2016, 07:22:23 PMI've listened to this chunk multiple times at various speeds, but I'm not hearing anything but a D here. I know slowing down the song can distort the sound, but I'm really wanting to trust my perfect pitch on this one.

It's definitely not a D, and sounds like an Eb all day long over here (not to mention that in this style it doesn't make too much sense for the bass to add nct's to arpeggios in the turn-around). Not sure what else to say about that one 6_6

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on April 08, 2016, 07:22:23 PMI definitely agree with the rhythm change and the fact that the bottom note is not an Eb. However, through all the distortion I'm picking up a Db instead of a C. If you listen to this again and still hear a C, I'll take your word for it. Tbh, the only notes I hear are the Gb and a Db above the Gb (the latter, of course, is not the note leading to the D in the next dyad, so I left it out).

Listening again, I agree that it is a Db. (it's quick!) so yeah, this is fine.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on April 08, 2016, 07:22:23 PMOk, I definitely heard what you were talking about, and I have fixed that. However, I wasn't sure what cashwarrior was referring to. Based on the measures he gave, I thought he was referring to the part that I end up transcribing in 41-47. I left them out originally mainly because I didn't hear that voice at first, but also because I didn't know whether that was playable while still maintaining the melody.

Yeah, that looks good now. Good work.

Don't forget to update the other files too (the PDF is definitely still the wrong file).

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

I did a few listens myself and am 90% sure it's a D.

gee I hope this doesn't divide the forums
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle