The Legend of Zelda discussion

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 06, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

So um, I'm doing Link to the Past now and I'm actually finding it tough :p

I've done Minish Cap, Twilight Princess and OoT, and I don't remember ever being so frustrated over a Zelda game. Also I'm getting stuck a lot more than usual haha had to check online sources three times already seriously how could they call that place a "gossip shop"

The game is truly a masterpiece though! Love the whole sword-charging system, really awesome overworld, good progression, and the items are just so much fun to mess with. Temples (palaces) aren't as long as OoT but you get LOTS of them.

Also I've died like, 50 times or so already. Dang. Me is zelda noob. :(

cashwarrior1

I really want to try A Link to the Past. It seems fun.

Maelstrom

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think it aged well, with the rampant difficulty spikes and all.

mikey

A link to the past is definitely the second hardest zelda game.  Don't let it discourage you, everyone dies a lot in LttP
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I keep getting lost in ALTTP. To be honest, the only SNES game I can get interested in is Kirby's Dream Land 3...

Also, does anyone want to help me make a video asking Nintendo to #BringBackByrne?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

Getting Nintendo to consider any form of fan input is like asking Valve for Half-Life 3.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

Playing through it, spirit tracks is actually one of the harder zelda games.  At least top ten, maybe top 5
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I died so many times to Fraaz the first time I played the game, and I only knew what to do because they showed the boss battle in one of the trailers, with awesome music.

I have an irrational emotional attachment to Spirit Tracks, and have spent years thinking way too hard about that game. I found out all of the spoilers before I even played it, I put down the game a few days after I got it in 2012, and couldn't pick it back up until summer 2014, and I watched the ending on YouTube multiple times before then, and I regret all of those things, and yet... there's just something in that game that feels like there's so much about it I don't know. Is it some weird form of nostalgia?

Also, Nintendo at least acknowledged Want Midna Back, so who knows? Heck, there's a really good way for Byrne/Staven/Bucky to come back, even if it was only put in there so that the came could keep its CERO A rating.

mikey

Hyrule Warriors might have spirit tracks DLC at some point.  Alfonso and Byrne most likely
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

The Toon Zelda DLC came out a few weeks ago...

mikey

I don't play HW so I wouldn't have known
unmotivated

Dudeman

Not just Toon Zelda, but Toon Link with the Sand Rod and he can summon the Spirit Train and it's basically just Spirit Tracks Link but mapped to default Toon Link.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Lol, I thought the shovel was a staple zelda item when I was a kid.

mikey

It's been around since link's awakening
unmotivated