Series: Other
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Oronoco

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oronoco

Such a simple, yet powerful piece. I hope I can do it justice, but I certainly can with help.

The stubborn "3"'s really plague the bottom of my PDF pages (not just this file). Is that something I can easily fix?
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Latios212

I've really gotten to know this piece over the past few days while trying to play it. Looking at a couple of other solo piano renditions on YouTube, you do a better job at including all the voices. In those other arrangements the piano part sounds great but the strings melody is either sidelined or just lost entirely - and you preserve them very well. Lowering the piano part an octave to make room for that in many parts makes it sound darker and more powerful. I love it.

Oh yeah, right, things to change/fix. In the section beginning with 33, flip the ties on the bottom layer so they curve downwards, and fix the LH rhythm in 39-40. That's all I can spot right now :P As for the random 3s on the page, I had that problem with a couple of sheets too, so I exported to an external program (PDFCreator) and it worked just fine.

Oh yeah, and the D in the second to last measure: maybe keep it on top staff so it's visually tied to the D in the last measure.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

All right! I really appreciate that you've taken the time to test it out. It makes your feedback so valuable. Make sure I did everything right!

I kept the middle D in the next to last measure in the bass clef. I like the way the four-note idea in the RH lingers like an unresolved thought, so I think it's important that the LH begins a new thought (starting on the middle D) that doesn't necessarily answer the RH, leaving an open question (on that open 5th, too!).

I changed it up a bit, but I think it's clearest to keep the D in the bass clef. See what you think, though.
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Latios212

Quote from: Oronoco on April 24, 2016, 09:13:58 AMI like the way the four-note idea in the RH lingers like an unresolved thought, so I think it's important that the LH begins a new thought (starting on the middle D) that doesn't necessarily answer the RH, leaving an open question (on that open 5th, too!).
Oh that's fine! I think I just got confused because the slur looked like a tie. But yeah that was my fault for reading it wrong.

Aside from that... everything seems perfectly clear and sounds great when I play it! Though, is there any particular reason you don't use dotted halves in 27 and 31 or dotted quarters in 37 (RH) and 39-40 (beat 1 LH)?

This sheet is just so much fun to play.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

Quote from: Latios212 on April 24, 2016, 09:59:58 AMAside from that... everything seems perfectly clear and sounds great when I play it! Though, is there any particular reason you don't use dotted halves in 27 and 31 or dotted quarters in 37 (RH) and 39-40 (beat 1 LH)?

Nope. I was definitely just tie-happy. :)) It should be better now.

That's so great that it's fun to play!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot