News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

NSMCPP 2.0: Super Mario Galaxy

Started by Latios212, April 24, 2016, 02:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

No, it's a performance project (with some revising mixed in...)! :P (Read the OP)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

mikey

maybe if you didn't abbreviate NSM Community Performance Project...
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Since Library is so short, should I loop it 4 times or so?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

If you like! There's no rule on how many times to play it (besides obviously playing through the whole thing once).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Latios212 on April 26, 2016, 06:16:01 AMIf you like! There's no rule on how many times to play it (besides obviously playing through the whole thing once).
Ok, so I can use this in my defense if I send a 50-minute-long video? :P
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 26, 2016, 07:04:46 AMOk, so I can use this in my defense if I send a 50-minute-long video? :P
Yeah, exactly. I would make a suggestion that we finish once, loop around, then add a finish not too far away from after the repeat. That way we don't drag on past where people would care to listen. It kills the point if we have folks watching the video and skipping cuz we're playing too much stuff over again.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 25, 2016, 11:32:12 AMI'm just saying there's a very good chance JDMEK and I will end up being very close to each other very soon
You're not suggesting meeting in Minnesota to do the collab in the same place, are you? (Not that that isn't a totes radical idea that I would absolutely love)
It's just I doubt my summer will allow me to take off to Minnesota, much less find a good place with a good piano and space to record. I mean, if you're coming all the way up to Minnesota then I'm definitely gonna see if I can get down there at the same time cuz it's a rare and awesome opportunity but I had it in my mind that this would be done using our own videos. But meh, I'm flexible and open to suggestions.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Well my original thought was to just play it however long you feel is good and we can always work out where to end it later (as I sometimes do with my videos, just keep playing and decide where to fade it out later if there's no good place to end). Of course we wouldn't put in a 50-minute segment. I just wanted to keep the "restrictions' to a minimum since you all (presumably) have good judgement on how you'd like to present it since you're taking the time to perform it.

But yeah I see your point. I do think finding a good place to end/fade out depends on the song though.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Ōkami~MD

awww missed out on bouy base...

I'll claim Battlerock then
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

mikey

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 26, 2016, 10:33:50 AMIt's just I doubt my summer will allow me to take off to Minnesota, much less find a good place with a good piano and space to record. I mean, if you're coming all the way up to Minnesota then I'm definitely gonna see if I can get down there at the same time cuz it's a rare and awesome opportunity but I had it in my mind that this would be done using our own videos. But meh, I'm flexible and open to suggestions.
The Mall of America might have a place we can record if we look professional enough.  I was thinking of using my university's music rooms though :P
Bear in mind this is all hypothetical, I won't know if I'm actually going until in a couple of weeks
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on April 26, 2016, 10:57:42 AMBut yeah I see your point. I do think finding a good place to end/fade out depends on the song though.
So, in summary, we're trusting the judgement of the pianists' for a good way and place to finish. Feel free to ask for suggestions if you're unsure of a good spot or if you want suggestions with one of your particular pieces. Or if all else fails, just fade it out somewhere convenient.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 26, 2016, 11:35:30 AMThe Mall of America might have a place we can record if we look professional enough.  I was thinking of using my university's music rooms though :P
Bear in mind this is all hypothetical, I won't know if I'm actually going until in a couple of weeks
Ah yes sounds good. That works out perfect because as I said, I don't know if I'll be able to even get my ass down there, let alone before knowing when my ass is to be down there for. Lol just PM me or something just in case I forget to check back here later. Btw, instead of us deciding who's gonna do primo/secondo, I had a thought: We each learn both parts, and then, when we're in person (given it does happen), we audition for each part.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

learning both parts is a great idea
we'll see if I'm good enough for that
unmotivated

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

mikey

unmotivated