Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Is that why molayne isn't a captain any more
unmotivated

mikey

Have Sun/moon been out long enough for us to consider an NSM tournament?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I'm totally in, though I kind of want to make legendary Pokémon not a thing that are allowed. But yeah I'd participate either way.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I'd participate as well, agreeing on Slow's rules. No legendaries, though I think UBs should be okay?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

I was thinking we could decide on a metagame like maybe monotype or something cause that would be pretty cool
Also 100% for banning legendaries, they're usually just better options than existing pokemon
The format should be pre-pokebank though, so that the people who were competitive before Sun/Moon don't have an unfair advantage.
-Island scans should be allowed.  They're not allowed for some official tournaments for some reason since they're not in the alola pokedex but eh
-I don't like ultra beasts that much but they seem pretty popular so maybe we can allow in certain quantities?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I was actually including the Ultra Beasts, but since people want to use them I don't mind. We could also use the rules of the Battle of Alola tournament that just happened, where legendary/mythical Pokémon and Ultra Beasts were allowed, but only one per team.

We'd also have to decide if we should use Link Battle rules (1-6 Pokémon allowed) or the general Battle Spot rules (1-3 Pokémon allowed).

Edit: I'm also all for the pre-Poké Bank update thing. I have old competitive Pokémon but I'm fine just using ones caught in Sun and Moon.

Nebbles

My current team completely was built in Moon anyway, so good for me. I'm fine with any rules tbh, 1-6 or 1-3.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Battle of Alola rules don't allow island scan pokemon if I'm interpreting them correctly
which means I don't get to use my Azumarill

I also like Link Battle rules with 6 slots because there's more space for team synergy and it promotes people trying out cool gimmicks that might be more fun
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I'm not talking straight Battle of Alola rules, because that tournament didn't allow held items. Also, it allowed any Pokémon as long as they were caught in a Sun or Moon game.

mastersuperfan

I'm all for pre-Pokébank teams. I actually wish they would make the Pokébank update come out later because I wanted to play in the pre-Pokébank metagame.

Personally, I prefer 1-6 over 1-3. I'm fine with normal 6v6 singles or with Noc's idea of a monotype metagame tournament.

As for UBs, I'm a little iffy, since they're everywhere on Showdown, but either way is acceptable for me.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

yeah I think UB usage is the big thing we have to work out, since some people want to use them and some of us don't want to use them.  Any ideas?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I'll go with whatever the rest of you decide, but I'd personally advocate for only one legendary/mythical Pokémon or Ultra Beast per team. Using any more than that is just kinda cheap, and this should satisfy the people who want to use one in their team.

mikey

I think I might have a problem with baton passes into beast boost
unmotivated

DocDoom2

One Ultra Beast or Legendary per team sounds good to me or at the least, some sort of limit.
Also I really like that idea of monotype!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.