Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 13, 2016, 04:58:32 AMI hope he didn't work on Sun and Moon, I'm so sick of his musical style saturating Pokémon.
Oh be quiet you, Kageyama was the best thing to happen to Pokémon since Junichi Masuda himself (so, yeah, since it started).
Disclaimer: I don't mean to demean your opinions in reality. Just putting this in so ppl don't assume I'm trying to start a fight

Well apparently his work in Pokkén Tournament was as a "Guest Composer" according to his website so.. yeah, maybe he won't be back.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Have you noticed that in Kageyama's tracks, you can always tell exactly where the music is going? That doesn't make them bad, but that does make them dull. He errs on the side of too familiar and even cliché a lot of the time whereas the other composers, particularly Masuda and Sato, write music that is pretty consistently unexpected or at least interesting. For example, Masuda's work on Red and Blue, as Olimar pointed out, is very very different in the way its bass is often nonexistent or interweaved with the melody (see tracks like Lavender Town for what I'm talking about). Even now, his battle themes are pretty consistently great. Sato uses a very unique style of scattered rhythms and often things like embellishments or grace notes in unexpected places. She at least shows a certain variety and impressive range in her composing ability--I love every single track she's written. Go Ichinose is definitely more of a "classic" and natural composer, but his ideas are infinitely more interesting and well-executed than Kageyama's. I might be alone in hearing these things, but I don't think anyone can deny what I'm talking about.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

new mon from the corocoro trailer

Dudeman

It's times like these that CSI zoom and enhance technology would really come in handy.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Ōkami~MD

i wonder what this gens pikachu clone will be
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

Really? I was gonna say it was ground...

Waddle Bro

it's your average normal route 1 mon

edit nvm ignore me missed the pikaclone post

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 13, 2016, 06:43:59 AMOh be quiet you, Kageyama was the best thing to happen to Pokémon since Junichi Masuda himself (so, yeah, since it started).
Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 13, 2016, 06:59:44 AMHave you noticed that in Kageyama's tracks, you can always tell exactly where the music is going? That doesn't make them bad, but that does make them dull.
Speaking from the perspective of someone who has little experience with music outside video games, I can maybe kinda feel what you're talking about with some tracks, but for sure Kageyama composed many of my favorite tracks. (Soaring Illusions mmm....)

Of course the other three are great, there's no denying that :J I can't really pick a favorite, though I might be inclined to go with Go Ichinose.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

I have no idea what these names mean. :D

Dudeman

cashwarrior1

Ugh, I don't got time for google.

Latios212

Then stop interrupting actual conversations with interjections about how you don't understand something if you're not even willing to look it up. It's annoying.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have said anything..

mikey

unmotivated