News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The NSM Hot Bod Project: Geeks Working Out

Started by braix, May 14, 2016, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

I don't intend on paying much attention to my abs tbh
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: braixen1264 on May 17, 2016, 05:17:23 PMimo diet shouldnt matter as much as exercise as long as you arent eating Jack in the Box every day or something.

Diet is more important than exercise except for strength training where they're probably equally important.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 17, 2016, 05:13:55 PMHmmmm.... I thought my Biology teacher was well-versed in those types of things. I guess I wasn't thinking contextually enough.

I'm gonna trust my nutrition teacher over your biology teacher when it comes to things like this.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jamaha

This is rather relevant as I started lifting weights a few months ago. And by started I mean "started and stopped and then started again and then..." I'm having difficulty sticking to the regular schedule. Part of it can be explained by me being sick a couple of times already this year, and also spending like half of April travelling. The rest I blame on my busy schedule, as once things get too busy, the gym seems to be the first thing to go.

However, I am moving in a couple of weeks and my new place is within 100 meters of the gym. I'm kind of running out of excuses here so maybe I'll finally be able to keep the schedule going for more than a couple of weeks.

What led to this idea anyway? I realized that once I started to get older I was no longer immune to eating whatever I want and still staying skinny. Especially as it seems that those extra pounds seem to transfer to my face. Then there's also the fact that I've been damn weak all my life. Would probably be a good idea to gain some muscle at some point in my life.

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

Once I fully recover from being sick, I'm gonna get back to exercising.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

E. Gadd Industries

Well, track season is over (thank goodness), and now, it's time to begin training for cross country!!! (CC is better than track!) Time to kick up my stamina!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

I'm all better now, so I'mma get back to doing yoga + crunches once again.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

So I've reached a really big checkpoint a while ago. I convinced my parents to let me buy and make my own food and decide my own diet, that way I can go farther than I would with only going to the gym daily putting in all my effort with no diet plan.
It's probably going to feel terrible for a while and taste terrible as well but the results should be very much worth it. I'm currently setting myself a nice long goal of 4 years.

Oh also in the last two months I went from 114lbs to 122lbs yay me now I'm a little less disgustingly skinny

E. Gadd Industries

Since school is out, I'm trying to get stronger. I've been doing push-ups, crunches, and lifting weights in addition to my 30+ minutes daily runs. I've made the most progress with weights. I can now lift -25 lbs. as opposed to the -50 I used to have to work with.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

are negative weights a thing

ZeldaFan

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand that

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

E. Gadd Industries

I was joking about how weak I am...

EDIT: But in all seriousness, I am doing all those things (minus the negative weights) in an effort to beef up.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Friends who are interested in this project (like I am):
Consider trying to pass the FBI physical fitness test.
https://www.fbijobs.gov/special-agents/physical-requirements
You must score at least 1 point in each category, with 12 points total. Enjoy!
what is shitpost

braix

Update:
So I've been doing a lot of studying and I've been feeling super motivated lately. Atop of starting a diet, I'm going to start focusing my workouts around calisthenics and a bit of weight lifting, mainly for legs(deadlifts, squats, leg press). I can now successfully do pistol squats(5 on my left leg, 3 on my right), and I'm slowly getting an idea on how to do a handstand. I've fallen many times, but hopefully I should get okay at it by the end of this year.

Goals and what I'm working on:
- An overall strong and flexible body(long term)
- Learning how to do a handstand for the eventual handstand pushup
- The progressions toward being able to do a full planche
- Forming an effective yet somewhat flexible diet
- Managing without a pullup bar
- 6-pack abs, baby(not really, I just want a strong core)

Current measurements(May 31, 2016):
- 5'5"
- 121.7 lbs

FireArrow

Quote from: braixen1264 on May 26, 2016, 10:53:45 PMSo I've reached a really big checkpoint a while ago. I convinced my parents to let me buy and make my own food and decide my own diet, that way I can go farther than I would with only going to the gym daily putting in all my effort with no diet plan.
It's probably going to feel terrible for a while and taste terrible as well but the results should be very much worth it. I'm currently setting myself a nice long goal of 4 years.

Oh also in the last two months I went from 114lbs to 122lbs yay me now I'm a little less disgustingly skinny

If you do it right it and don't go too overboard shouldn't taste gross at all.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department