News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[PS2] Shadow of the Colossus - "A Closed-off City" by Ryan McGaughey

Started by Zeta, May 23, 2016, 01:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Don't forget this!
Quote from: Maelstrom on June 08, 2016, 10:00:34 AM-After listening incredibly closely, I belive that the LH octave harmony in m5 does not exist. Deleting it would also mean making the dotted half note in m4 a whole note to take up the rest of the space in that measure.

And one final suggestion: A pp marking in the middle of measure 4 would make it clearer that the following phrase should be played quieter (as it is in the original). Right now it looks like it's getting louder than mp.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Quote from: iLikePiano on June 08, 2016, 12:35:55 PM-Thanks for taking the time to listen closely to m.5. I was never 100% sure if I had the right notes there. I also removed the left hand part here. I know that technically the left hand part was not really in the recording but I felt that by adding that lower octave it more closely matched the timbre of that instrument playing the arpeggio. The right hand alone sounds a little thin to me but I guess it works...
I'd disagree a little. Having the same voice makes it sound much stronger than it is in the OST, where it's pretty light.

iLikePiano

QuoteDeleting it would also mean making the dotted half note in m4 a whole note to take up the rest of the space in that measure.
Oh I did do this but something went wrong I guess. The files updated correctly this time.

QuoteA pp marking in the middle of measure 4 would make it clearer that the following phrase should be played quieter (as it is in the original). Right now it looks like it's getting louder than mp.
Ok take a look at what I changed. Maybe it's being a little too clear now (too many dynamic markings)?

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot