Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Chaos
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Nice!

You can easily fit this arrangement on 3 pages. Size it down to 85% then make page 2 & 3 have 6 systems instead of 5.

Also measure 1-8: Maybe try to capture the echo a bit with pedal-notes (or whatever that technique that Bach always uses is called)? That will make more variety with the later measures. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

I disagree. For one, it's not a crime to have two systems on an extra page.
2nd, even at 85%, 6 measures look crammed.
3rd, I don't want to go with an odd number of systems because keeping those paired systems together makes it look a lot cleaner and much easier to sight read.
Although, your comment is confusing because, in no part of the piece, do I have a 5 measure system.
Am I missing something?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 21, 2016, 11:52:50 AMI disagree. For one, it's not a crime to have two systems on an extra page.
2nd, even at 85%, 6 measures look crammed.
3rd, I don't want to go with an odd number of systems because keeping those paired systems together makes it look a lot cleaner and much easier to sight read.
Although, your comment is confusing because, in no part of the piece, do I have a 5 measure system.
Am I missing something?

He means 5/6 systems per page, not 5/6 measures per system.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Sorry Tobbeh, that was great idea.
Fixed.

Also, reading is hard.

Sebastian

Yo. Great work!

Some things:
- Curious, why use a whole note in the BPM marking?

- It's pretty hard to hear from M. 33 and onward, but a few chords you have sound incorrect. The second chord in M. 33 definitely goes down a whole step from the last chord like this:
Spoiler
[close]

- Also, there is a Bb on the bass octave in M. 35. which might be good to add to keep the left hand consistent throughout that part.

- M. 39. doesn't sound correct either. Here is how it sounds:
Spoiler
[close]

Left Hand:
- You're missing a Db (where the 16th rest is) in most of these measures. It's not as audible as the others, but it's there.
- The (Beat 2; 4th sixteenth) 16th note in M. 41 (left hand) is a Bb.
- M. 42: The 16th (Beat 2; 4th sixteenth) note is an Eb.
- The last 16th note in M. 42 is a B natural.
That may have been a little confusing xD  Here is a pic for clarification:
Spoiler
[close]

- The eighth 16th is a G# in M. 43.
- The seventh 16th note in M. 44 is an F natural.
Pic for clarification: 
Spoiler
[close]

- M. 45 & 46 have the same mistakes as M. 41 & 42.
- The second last 16th in M. 48 is a B natural.
Right Hand:
- Like, with the previous measures (M. 33-40), the chords go down a whole step. For M. 42-45:
Spoiler
[close]

- And M. 46-48:
Spoiler
[close]

The right and left hand looks great from M. 49-56. Awesome!
- There are a few wrong chords from M. 57-60. Remember, the chords are mimicking each other and are the same as they jump down 3 octaves.
Correct chords:
Spoiler
[close]

That's all I have for now. I gotta go get my haircut :P
I'll take a look at M. 61-64 when I get back.
Again, Excellent work with this piece!

Maelstrom

Quote from: Sebastian on June 03, 2016, 11:18:07 AMSome things:
- Curious, why use a whole note in the BPM marking?
I'm sure that wasn't there before.

- It's pretty hard to hear from M. 33 and onward, but a few chords you have sound incorrect. The second chord in M. 33 definitely goes down a whole step from the last chord like this:
Spoiler
[close]
[/quote] I strongly dissagree. The piano moves down, but the organ moves up. This is to more strongly represent the differing directions.

Quote- Also, there is a Bb on the bass octave in M. 35. which might be good to add to keep the left hand consistent throughout that part.
*Ab
Thanks.

Quote- M. 39. doesn't sound correct either. Here is how it sounds:
Spoiler
[close]
You were correct in that it was wrong, but, in fact, it is an E natural, a G nautral, and an F. 

QuoteLeft Hand:
- You're missing a Db (where the 16th rest is) in most of these measures. It's not as audible as the others, but it's there.
- The (Beat 2; 4th sixteenth) 16th note in M. 41 (left hand) is a Bb.
- M. 42: The 16th (Beat 2; 4th sixteenth) note is an Eb.
- The last 16th note in M. 42 is a B natural.
That may have been a little confusing xD  Here is a pic for clarification:
Spoiler
[close]

- The eighth 16th is a G# in M. 43.
- The seventh 16th note in M. 44 is an F natural.
Pic for clarification: 
Spoiler
[close]
Thanks. I strongly disagree with the G# in m43, though.

QuoteRight Hand:
- Like, with the previous measures (M. 33-40), the chords go down a whole step. For M. 42-45:
Spoiler
[close]

- And M. 46-48:
Spoiler
[close]
Now the organ goes down. Good catch. It's been well over a year since I touched this last.

The right and left hand looks great from M. 49-56. Awesome!
- There are a few wrong chords from M. 57-60. Remember, the chords are mimicking each other and are the same as they jump down 3 octaves.
Correct chords:
Spoiler
[close]
[/quote]Fixed everything else. There's no need to check the last few measures, as I just did.

Files Updated.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 03, 2016, 01:16:23 PMI strongly dissagree. The piano moves down, but the organ moves up. This is to more strongly represent the differing directions.
Oh, ok. I see where you're coming from. I guess that works just fine.
I just thought I'd throw that in there since the piano obviously stands out over the organ. I thought it odd that you'd choose the organ over the piano, but it works just fine!

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 03, 2016, 01:16:23 PM*Ab
Thanks.
xD
Now I'm making typos. What's next? lol

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 03, 2016, 01:16:23 PMYou were correct in that it was wrong, but, in fact, it is an E natural, a G nautral, and an F. 
Debatable, but agreeable. I know there is a B natural in there though.

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 03, 2016, 01:16:23 PMThanks. I strongly disagree with the G# in m43, though.
Eh, ok. Lucky for you, I'm easily persuaded xD

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 03, 2016, 01:16:23 PMNow the organ goes down. Good catch. It's been well over a year since I touched this last.
Might be best to touch up next time before submitting a sheet ;)

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 03, 2016, 01:16:23 PMFixed everything else. There's no need to check the last few measures, as I just did.
Awesome! Thank you!

This is one of those pieces that I, frankly, would just totally not do if I was the arranger xD
Which is why I'm really proud of you for tackling such a tough piece and of it being so well done! Good job!
It's amazing to see how far you've come in such a short time and with a somewhat long hiatus. I'm very impressed.
I'm so looking forward to seeing how you bloom as a staff member and wish you prosperous days ahead.

Maelstrom

Btw, this was posted before I got back.

The Deku Trombonist

Bar 41 & 45 etc: The 8th 16th note is an A natural, not a B flat.
Bar 44: The 7th 16th note is an F#, not an F natural. If you look ahead to bar 52, where you have the same figure (written correctly) but transposed, they should match. Gotta look out for these things ;)

Speaking of which, I'm not totally convinced about the key sig/harmonic spellings but I'd probably have to sit down with it for a while to put my finger on it. Although just quickly, things like the RH of bar 41 bug me and also make it more difficult to read because the sequence isn't immediately obvious. Both chords have the same interval structure, but visually look different for no apparent reason. Actually now that I look further along, I'm seeing a lot of that in the following bars.

I don't think having that 1/4 bar at the end adds anything useful. Better off using something like tram tracks (or caesura, I think the proper term is) which is tidier, and arguably more correct seeing as it isn't actually full beat.

Maelstrom

All fixed, including all the chord spellings. I used the double flats and stuff so it's easier to read.
And files updated, of course

Olimar12345

What a beast this piece is! I think we covered it pretty well in private convos, so I think we're done here.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot