Game: Shadow of the Colossus
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Lakeside
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Ryan McGaughey

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Hello! Welcome to NSM!

Really good arrangement you've made. But there are things I think could be better:

-The biggest issue I see are the huge chords. Even though they are arpeggiated, they can still be difficult to pull off well. I suggest to try to make the chords smaller and remove unnecessary notes for better playability.

-Some placing of rests are confusing. Like M.1, the quarter note rest should be above the 8th note rest, makes much more sense. Also the half note rest in M.3 should be below all the notes in the same height with the 8th rest.

-Audio problem. You've used the wrong tool for the arpeggiated chords. You've used the glissando tool for the arpeggiated chords, instead of the arpeggiated chord symbol. That's why the playback sounds so weird. You can find the arpeggiated chord symbol in the "articulation tool" window.

-You got a different tempo mark on your pdf file than your mus file. Fix that and make them the same.

-I think you got a lot of notes wrong, but I'm not exactly sure what they should be but you should double-check these notes:
The LH chords
M.1 RH: the high chord.
M.2: the chromatic notes in the RH, notes 3,4,5

-I also think you're missing some notes in the RH in measure 3. I think it's like the previous measures where there's first a chord and the followed by softer notes, and you're missing those softer notes. you're also missing, in the same measure, a note at the end, on beat 4,5. So instead of a quarter note on beat 4 there should be an 8th note, followed by another note, I think it's a high B, but not 100% sure. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

iLikePiano

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 10, 2016, 02:47:05 PMops didn't notice that, lol. :P
Haha. It's ok, I know the low post count probably tricked you.... I never really used the forums. I have been coming to NSM for video game sheets for the past 11 years though.

Ok to the arrangement now.

Quotehuge chords
-I changed some of the notes in those LH chords but they are still kind of big... I don't have much of a problem playing them on piano though.

Quoteplacing of rests are confusing
-Ok fixed!

QuoteAudio problem
- :o So I have been using the wrong tool for arpeggios for 8 or so years?!?!?! LOL. Thanks for letting me know! For some reason the playback and the midi file doesn't hold those LH chords now. Those chords are getting abruptly cut off now. I don't know how to fix it...

Quotedifferent tempo mark on your pdf file
-Oh I accidentally uploaded an older version of the PDF score. It is fixed now.

Quotedouble-check these notes: The LH chords, M.1 RH: the high chord, M.2: the chromatic notes in the RH, notes 3,4,5
-Ok I deleted some notes in the LH that didn't seem to be in the recording. That chord in the RH in m.1 seems correct to me except for the high D. I deleted that D. Yeah those chromatic notes were not right. I think I have the correct notes now but a second opinion would be good.

Quotemissing some notes in the RH in measure 3
-Oh you're right! Ok I added them in.

I am still not 100% confident that I have the correct notes in the LH chords. If someone with a really good ear could check those LH chords that would be great!

Dudeman

Quote from: iLikePiano on June 11, 2016, 12:06:47 PMI have been coming to NSM for video game sheets for the past 11 years though.
[spits out drink]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot