News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Official "I'm Away Topic"

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, June 26, 2008, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

3 meters?  Sure you're not exaggerating?  Spiders don't typically spin webs that large
and when you say 5 cm are you including the legs
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on January 29, 2017, 12:46:20 PMWhat? It's just a spider...
they have spindly legs and tiny bodies and like 80% of them is leg and they move both erratically and quickly from being completely motionless which makes it 100 times worse and don't even get me started on walking face-first into a web of any size
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 29, 2017, 12:50:57 PM3 meters?  Sure you're not exaggerating?  Spiders don't typically spin webs that large
They usually don't, normally only up to about 1.5 to 2 metres, but this one had 6 weeks and a large distance to cover (the threads that hold it in place stretch from my carport to the balcony on the second floor), though 3 metres for the web itself might still be an exaggeration. This is diameter we're talking about anyway, so I dunno.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 29, 2017, 12:50:57 PMand when you say 5 cm are you including the legs
Yeah, including legs. Don't think I've ever encountered a spider that's 5cm not counting the legs.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 12:52:23 PMthey have spindly legs and tiny bodies and like 80% of them is leg
Sometimes they're at least 50% body (more specifically, 50% abdomen).

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 12:52:23 PMand they move both erratically and quickly from being completely motionless which makes it 100 times worse
Most spiders I encounter just sit around and do nothing, like most spiders that wait for their meal do.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 12:52:23 PMand don't even get me started on walking face-first into a web of any size
I'll agree, that's never fun.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 12:52:23 PMand like 80% of them is leg
You know what else is 80% leg?
[close]

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 12:52:23 PMdon't even get me started on walking face-first into a web of any size
Oh, believe me, I KNOW. I walk into these things all the time, and it's really annoying :/
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

typically spiders don't live in large domains.  I don't like spiders much, I think they're gross, but I'm also fascinated by them.
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Lol I'm just thinking about how big the spiders will be in the autumn (when they are as biggest and "come into my house"). It's kind of scary, but they might not be "that" big after all. But I don't like spiders, just got to grab "a trusty weapon" (shoe) and hit them! Apparently the spiders that are my house then are not harmful, they're actually like "too" peaceful and harmless. But I don't like taking risks and stuff with spiders and stuff. It's funny how the place I live in basically is like "The Spider Forest" (Obviously not only a forest but a place with a bunch of houses (neighborhood)), so I kind of think that it should be called "the spider woods" rather than "the southern woods", because it's actually basically what it is. :P
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

EFitTrainr

holy shit dude just stay gone
I like food.

Dudeman

holy shit shadowkirby just knock it off
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Yeah you were tolerating him fine before he left
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

EFitTrainr

Quote from: shadowkirby on January 19, 2017, 12:42:37 PMhave common sense in general

Quote from: shadowkirby on December 13, 2016, 07:52:52 PMI regret nothing. Tobbeh has no idea when to stop talking and it's more annoying than my shitposting.

Quote from: shadowkirby on December 13, 2016, 06:30:48 PMTobbeh, how are you such a fucking moron?

Actually I've had a problem with him for a while
I like food.

Dudeman

Keep the condescending attitude to yourself, then. There's no need for this level of response.

SlowPokemon

So I was selected to audition at a conservatory at a graduate school in California in a few weeks. This is a huge accomplishment for me since I didn't expect to be accepted there--I haven't yet, but they thought my pre-screening video showed enough potential that I can come to audition in person. I'm very excited and nervous and panicky.

The reason I'm posting this here is because I feel like there aren't that many people here who like me lately. And I'm sure they're probably valid to some extent. A few people have been giving me an (to my view) unfairly rough time, both publicly and behind the scenes. I've been so stressed about getting my music ready on time and upset that I can't seem to get through to people lately that I've actually just broken down stressed and crying a few times over the last week or so. Since I'm legitimately too mentally exhausted to deal with that kind of negativity, I need a break from the forums, probably until my music is learned/until my audition for this school happens. Anyone who I'm good friends with has my number or my Facebook, and if anyone doesn't and wants to get in contact with me for whatever reason, just get my information from someone.

I'll be back. Wish me luck!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Wow, that's really exciting! Good luck!

Maelstrom

E. Gadd Industries

Good luck! Sorry to hear all of that, hopefully everything will be better upon your return! :)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]