Tri Force Heroes - Riverside (Water Levels) - Piano Only MIDI

Started by Talik006, December 07, 2015, 03:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talik006

Hey, everyone :) This is my first time posting (and I think ever being on a forum) so apologies if I haven't done everything exactly right here :P Anyway, I just made a piano MIDI file for the Tri Force Heroes "Riverside" levels and I figured I'd share it for others to use. I haven't been able to create the sheet music for it yet because I'm still trying to figure out how to actually do that (if anyone else wants to create sheets from it, you're welcome to).
Original - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR8dKr258iM
MIDI - https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2jades3bbldkt7/Piano%20Arrangement%20-%20Tri%20Force%20Heroes%20-%20Riverside.mid?dl=0

Bespinben

Quote from: Talik006 on December 07, 2015, 03:12:27 PMAnyway, I just made a piano MIDI file for the Tri Force Heroes "Riverside" levels and I figured I'd share it for others to use. I haven't been able to create the sheet music for it yet because I'm still trying to figure out how to actually do that (if anyone else wants to create sheets from it, you're welcome to).

I'm assuming you sequenced this in the piano roll of some DAW then? Gotta say, it sounds real great - you even got the pedaling down right! The fact you split the left and right hands into 2 separate MIDI channels was also neat.

For sheet music, you're going to need some kind of notation software, such as Finale, Sibelius, or Musescore. If you want to contribute to the NinSheetMusic main site however, you'll want to get Finale.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Talik006

Thanks for the help :) Yeah, I used Cubase to create the MIDI file and just played everything in (making sure to put everything perfectly in time afterwards, which I imagine makes creating sheets easier). I've never looked at Finale before, but I'll take a quick look at it.

Talik006

Quote from: Bespinben on December 07, 2015, 04:36:46 PMIf you want to contribute to the NinSheetMusic main site however, you'll want to get Finale.

Is using Finale NotePad okay for creating and uploading sheets for the main site?

Bespinben

It's acceptable, but you probably will quickly find it to be one of the most infuriatingly un-intuitive pieces of software ever to befall humanity. I'd recommend installing the full version, Finale 2014, and using the free 30-day trial.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Talik006

Haha, okay, thanks :P I'll give the free trial a go and see what I can do. Hopefully should have sheets up farely soon depending on how much time I get to spend with it and how long it takes me to figure it out :)

Talik006

Okay, so this took a bit longer than expected (sorry about that) :P At first I started having a go at making the sheet music, which took me a while because I hardly even have a great understanding of how to read sheet music anyway, let alone writing it. Then a bunch of my time was taken up with things like moving house so I rarely got much chance to come back to it and try and figure out how to do it. Anyway, I think I've almost got it there (I hope). I know there's probably a few things that need sorting out, like a few rests that randomly appeared near the end, so any feedback would be appreciated and hopefully it won't take me as long to get it finished now :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wevqdezggfd3mx/The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Tri%20Force%20Heroes%20-%20Riverside.zip?dl=0