News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

PDS' Arrangements - (NEW 6/17/16) Kingdom Hearts 2; Friends In My Heart

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, June 23, 2015, 11:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3Gavst3r

That's more like it :)
Am I wrong in thinking this should be mostly in D minor? I'm just taking every E natural as a hint lol
Also I think you forgot the copyright info

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Ah, that I did forget it.
It's tonic of G, though. Rather than tonic of D. Probably some sort of modal writing.
what is shitpost

Th3Gavst3r

Ok cool, I definitely can see a G tonic around measure 25 but I was iffy about the rest, thought it might be a switch from D to G minor. Trying to train my ear better but stuff like this still gets me I guess
Great arrangement though, definitely brings back a chain of memories

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Th3Gavst3r

Sorry, I know nobody likes puns. It's just this game is sorta close to my heart

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on March 30, 2016, 10:00:23 PMSorry, I know nobody likes puns. It's just this game is sorta close to my heart
I'm dying
But FYI I'll be doing a lot more arrangements from KH soon.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Seems a bit bare-bones. You can afford to add a bit more elsewhere since the parallel 6ths in m37-40 are significantly harder than the rest of the relatively easy piece.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Th3Gavst3r

Also noticed you were a bit half-hearted with the ghost notes; there are many more than what you marked

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Hey that waltz of the diamonds thing I never finished
anyways

New arrangement, from the same game. "Friends in My Heart"!
CLICK ME OR BURN
what is shitpost

Onionleaf

Lovely piano arrangement, with a well-known theme and easy to play - should be quite popular to download (I sure will!) :)

Just noted a few small points:
• I'd probably add some phrasing to the left hand instead of the "legato" mark - might need to space out some staves to do that, but you have plenty of extra space for that.
• Do the "simile" markings relate to the alternating dynamics? I don't really hear them in the original song, perhaps some articulation changes, or a wave-like cres. & dim. for each phrase (like you have in mm 10-13) would be better?
• There are some pizzicato strings playing in the background in the 2nd half of the piece, might be worth adding those in to the 2nd layer in the left hand.

Oh, and I only now realised you have some Runescape arrangements listed. :D I had a look at your "Baroque" work-in-progress, and thought it was a neat interpretation of the song. I have a super old music sheet printed out of it, but it is simpler to play so once yours is completed, I'll be sure to try playing yours.