TheZeldaPianist275's Arrangements (Super Mario Sunshine 7/5/2015)

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, April 09, 2012, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

^ Yeah, I know. If you mess around with the line breaks and then transfer the xml, it should fix the mus.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Jompa

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 28, 2013, 04:23:48 PMOh gosh, that one measure is so annoying.

And I would have done the swing.  I'm not sure I can with NotePad.  Anyone know for sure?  Lemme fiddle around with it a little....
Sorry, but you definitely can't do it with NotePad :/
I would've done the magic tricks for you if only I could open it in my PrintMusic. They are quite complex if you want every staff to follow the swing/straight exactly where you want, so I am 100% sure you can't do it.

I am actually sorry I brought it up, but I didn't realize you used NotePad - I thought you had a better version, because you had a BPM-expression assigned at the beginning, which you normally need a better version to have. So sorry, just forget it.

And about those "one measure takes up an entire system"-things:
Something that has always worked for me is this:
You just simply edit something in that measure. Just move a note up and down, for example.
This should fix the problem! But idk, maybe something bugged from the xml is preventing it?
Birdo for Smash

The Deku Trombonist

What about using a 12/8 time signature for that section?

Jompa

That could work, but a better version of Finale is still needed to change time signature. You will probably also need to assign a new tempo mark, and that requires a better version too.

There's also the issue:
I have experienced many musicians to be ignorant of the /8-signatures, so at least I am trying to avoid them while arranging, but that's not really a big issue though.
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Jompa on March 29, 2013, 04:41:54 AMThat could work, but a better version of Finale is still needed to change time signature. You will probably also need to assign a new tempo mark, and that requires a better version too.

There's also the issue:
I have experienced many musicians to be ignorant of the /8-signatures, so at least I am trying to avoid them while arranging, but that's not really a big issue though.

No, I'm not ignorant of it.  That's actually a really good idea Deku. 

But Notepad....  >:(

The Deku Trombonist

I'll do it next time I'm on the computer. Send me a reminder PM if I forget (which tends to happen)

Jompa

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 29, 2013, 06:44:49 AMNo, I'm not ignorant of it.
Oh, wasn't talking about you of course, I meant the potential players of the arrangement!
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on March 29, 2013, 07:14:17 AMI'll do it next time I'm on the computer. Send me a reminder PM if I forget (which tends to happen)
Really?!? You have time for that?!  Thanks Deku!  You're the best!

Quote from: Jompa on March 29, 2013, 07:21:30 AMOh, wasn't talking about you of course, I meant the potential players of the arrangement!

Riiiiight  ::)

Olimar12345

here's the file of eternal bonds we looked at in tinychat.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

3+ years later, another arrangement appears!

14. Super Mario Sunshine
Demo
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

I'm very rusty, so I would appreciate feedback.  In particular:
1) The first two measures of just percussion.  Any creative ideas for that?
2) I'm not as confident as I'd like to be in the run in measure 10.  If someone sees an error with it, feel free to point it out.

Tear it apart, guys.

E. Gadd Industries

Hey hey! Another Sunshine enthusiast! That's always cool to see. Uh, while you were absent, the formatting guidelines received a huge update. If you'd like, I could fix it up to those, and I could send you the template.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

Lol, I was kinda concerned about that. If you want/have the time, Professor, you are more than welcome to fix it up and give me an example. Thanks for the offer!

And yeah, Sunshine's great.

E. Gadd Industries

Righty-o! I'll fix it up when I next get the chance (probably later this evening, actually!)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]