News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Primitive Mountain"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

I've actually had this one sitting around for nearly 2 years, but for some reason I never got around to finish it for awhile. I think it's probably because it's one my least favorite tracks from the game, though that's not to say it isn't good at all. I think I did a pretty good job in the arrangement trying to include all the important parts, and overall it turned out pretty nicely I think. With this done, there's only a small handful of Chrono Trigger tracks left before the OST is fully complete, and that's including all the beta and PS1/DS-only tracks I also plan to arrange eventually.

Also fun fact: the version in the Chrono Trigger Original Sound version book is in Bb minor for some reason and there's no note or anything telling the original key like there is for a few other songs in the same book.

Static

[SNES] Final Fantasy VI - "Battle to the Death"

I like this song, so I decided to arrange it, and that's about all I have to say lol
I tried to make each repeated section be a little different so it would be a little more lively.

Edit: I just realized now I forgot the run in m34, so I added that in.

Static

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "World Revolution"

Yet another really cool battle theme from an SNES RPG... I guess that's not a surprise lol.

I tried making every section of my arrangement unique, changing up the accompaniment to suit the mood and feel of each part while still being true to the original. I think it worked out really well.

Static

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Desert"

I actually finished and submitted this one awhile ago, but I never made a post about it here until now. These past few months in general have been really busy for me, but now that it's summer I have more time to arrange. I have lots of arrangements planned so soon this thread will be back in full force lol.

Regarding the arrangement itself, it's a pretty simple song but it gets muddied by all the atmospheric percussion and whatnot. It's not as hard to arrange as some of the other songs in SMB's OST however (Monkey Mall is a good example).

Static

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming" (Replacement)

[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Hoohoo Mountain"

Two pretty cool but often-overlooked tracks that I wanted to arrange.

Static

[GBC] Infinity - "Battle Theme"

I only just heard about this game, as it's pretty under-the-radar. It was going to be released in 1999 for the GameBoy Color, but it was never finished. Then in 2016, the developer gave away the unfinished ROM for free on their website for anyone to play. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but I think it looks interesting. The soundtrack, from what I've heard, is definitely solid... So I wanted to arrange something from it. It's a pretty short and catchy tune.

Static

[N64] Mario Kart 64 - "Toad's Turnpike"

Despite it not being terribly intricate or developed, this is probably one of the catchiest songs in MK64 imo, and it works surprisingly well on piano.

Static

[Switch] Octopath Traveler - "Flamesgrace, Guiding Light"

[Switch] Octopath Traveler - "A Settlement in the Red Bluffs"

I liked these so I decided to arrange them, that's about all I have to say.

Onionleaf

Great choices! For the Flamegrace sheet, I think you can totally add those pulsating echo notes to the LH in the first section. :) *saved PDF to favourites*

Latios212

Quote from: Static on July 26, 2018, 01:38:11 PM
[Switch] Octopath Traveler - "Flamesgrace, Guiding Light"
Ahh yes <3 Definitely learning to play this one!

Feedback from me:
- Perhaps consider taking out the B from the right hand in m. 8 - with a texture this empty the major second sound more clashy than it should. (Just my personal distaste of small intervals; it's fine to keep if you want.)
- A courtesy B natural in the right hand of m. 14 would be nice (to parallel the left hand).
- m. 19 should have a C in the right hand on beat 4.
- I'd suggest a dynamic change (louder) at m. 38. If you don't want to include the high strings that's fine but you could better differentiate the second iteration of this part from the first in m. 30.
- I think the chord in m. 41 should have an F# on top similar to 33 (the high string melody also articulates it).
- Your pedal release markings are really far to the left. (Actually, I'd recommend a simple "con pedale" for the entire piece.)
- Copyright should have the "Enix" after Square.

That's all I've got. Great sheet!

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 27, 2018, 12:11:23 AMGreat choices! For the Flamegrace sheet, I think you can totally add those pulsating echo notes to the LH in the first section. :) *saved PDF to favourites*
Personally I agree with Static's choice to leave them out ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 27, 2018, 12:11:23 AMGreat choices! For the Flamegrace sheet, I think you can totally add those pulsating echo notes to the LH in the first section. :) *saved PDF to favourites*
Thanks! I think I'm just going to leave that part out though; it could very well work but I like just having the pure piano part.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 28, 2018, 04:59:42 PMAhh yes <3 Definitely learning to play this one!

Feedback from me:
Thanks for looking through it! Made all the changes, but kept the A in m8 and removed the pedal markings (I'm just leaving it up to the performer).

I updated the files for both Flamesgrace and Red Bluffs (made a few minor changes to that one too).

Static

[Switch] Octopath Traveler - "Town Veiled in White"

This theme plays in a town somewhat later in the game, and while I may have already finished the entire thing, I know many people here probably haven't. I'll remove the spoiler box sometime later. EDIT: Removed.

I will say this is probably my favorite town theme in the game though.

Static

Static

[SNES] Final Fantasy V - "Town Theme"

Subsequent various releases of the FFV soundtrack label this song as "Tenderness in the Air", but the Original Sound Version album calls it "Town Theme". I decided to go with this because it is the first official release of the game's soundtrack.

Static

[GCN] F-Zero GX - "Shotgun Kiss (Vegas Palace)" Duet

I've done a few SNES F-Zero tracks before, but GX is a totally different beast as far as arranging goes. The soundtrack is very challenging to work into a solid-sounding piano arrangement. Shotgun Kiss seemed to be a good place to start though because of it's more traditional instrumentation. I hope to be doing some more GX stuff eventually.