Title: Fracktail Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

JDMEK5

Some track; man. :P

Measures 14-17: Should be in 3/4 time.
Measure 5, RH, Beat 2: I would use the Beam Break tool to separate between the triplet and duplet 16ths.
Maybe you could add some of the synth brass around measures 9-11?
Also perhaps the counterpoint line around measures 23-26?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bloop

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 12, 2016, 03:37:56 PMMeasures 14-17: Should be in 3/4 time.
It's not: That part is 16 quarter notes long, so dividing it by three will leave one quarter note of time that I can't really place anywhere else. It's just a 3/4 feel in a 4/4 song, which is not that uncommon.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 12, 2016, 03:37:56 PMMeasure 5, RH, Beat 2: I would use the Beam Break tool to separate between the triplet and duplet 16ths.
Done!

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 12, 2016, 03:37:56 PMMaybe you could add some of the synth brass around measures 9-11?
Done!

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 12, 2016, 03:37:56 PMAlso perhaps the counterpoint line around measures 23-26?
Done (I think)! I couldn't hear it being present in m. 22-24, but I'm not sure if that's just me.

Sebastian

Just a couple more things:
-M. 7 (RH) is missing a note.
Spoiler
[close]

- M. 25 (RH): Slurs clashing with staccatos.

- Last 4 measures: No point in cross-staving. It just clashes with the dynamics and the notes aren't low enough to warrant it. Also, go ahead and straighten up the dynamics.
Spoiler
[close]

There are a plethora of other things I could comment on.....but this song just doesn't work with piano, so I say it's good.

Bloop

Quote from: Sebastian on July 13, 2016, 08:08:05 AMJust a couple more things:
-M. 7 (RH) is missing a note.
Done! I missed a same kind of note in m. 6, so I added that one too.

Quote from: Sebastian on July 13, 2016, 08:08:05 AM- M. 25 (RH): Slurs clashing with staccatos.
I must've forgotten that one when I added the second layer. Done!

Quote from: Sebastian on July 13, 2016, 08:08:05 AM- Last 4 measures: No point in cross-staving. It just clashes with the dynamics and the notes aren't low enough to warrant it. Also, go ahead and straighten up the dynamics.
I did the cross-staving to make that part easier to play (because of the fast tempo), but I suppose the player can do that by himself if needed. Done!
Quote from: Sebastian on July 13, 2016, 08:08:05 AMThere are a plethora of other things I could comment on.....but this song just doesn't work with piano, so I say it's good.
Tell me, I'm curious. I personally thought I got it to work pretty well on piano.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on July 13, 2016, 09:55:40 AMTell me, I'm curious. I personally thought I got it to work pretty well on piano.
There's not really anything wrong. I think it's actually really well done, especially for the difficult transition to piano.
What I already said is all I have to say about this sub.

Bloop

Bloop

Bloop

Latios212

Not deliberately ignoring you, just busy... sorry! Also this song is wacko

- 9-11: Would recommend moving eighth rests back onto staff
- 12-13: Those half rests are just kind of hanging out up there. I'd suggest hiding the first one and maybe moving the second one down below the whole note, or combining layers in 13.
- 20-21 could use a bit of tidying up a bit as well. Perhaps by having layer 1 point downwards.
- Last RH slur in 25 could use some adjusting, and the eighth rest lowered onto the staff.
- Weird Finale things: random 3 appearing in the PDF (use a different exporter?) and pp on the barline in 26-27
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on October 09, 2016, 03:58:16 PM- 9-11: Would recommend moving eighth rests back onto staff
- 12-13: Those half rests are just kind of hanging out up there. I'd suggest hiding the first one and maybe moving the second one down below the whole note, or combining layers in 13.
- Last RH slur in 25 could use some adjusting, and the eighth rest lowered onto the staff.
- Weird Finale things: random 3 appearing in the PDF (use a different exporter?) and pp on the barline in 26-27
Done

Quote from: Latios212 on October 09, 2016, 03:58:16 PM- 20-21 could use a bit of tidying up a bit as well. Perhaps by having layer 1 point downwards.
I changed 18-21 around so that the background voice utilizes layer 1 and the main voice layer 2 (as the main voice is also played in the left hand). Any thoughts? (I also added parentheses around the low octave G's in the left hand (m. 18 and 22))

Bloop

Bloop

Really though I kinda want to submit more sheets than 3 per season.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department