Series: Other
Game: F-Zero
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Mute City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Another replacement sheet; I added a bunch of missing notes and cleaned up a few things.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

*opens original*
*last edited with Finale 2003*
*ninsheetmusic.tk*

Oh gosh this is old.

Tobbeh99

Nice to see a new arrangement of this song!

Keep in mind the playabilty.There are some measures with very fast double-note runs. I'd simplify the fast runs in measures 12, 20 and 37, by removing some notes, either keeping only keeping the lower note on the first note or completely removing the lower notes completely.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Static

OK, all set! I removed some of those extra notes and fixed up the bassline a bit too.

cashwarrior1

I think the playing style of this song should be, "Mute".

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The notes at M. 33 and onward should be quarter note triplets.
what is shitpost

PetrifiedLasagna

I was literally thinking of doing a replacement of this today.

Anways, you might want to try accent marks on the first note of every measure from 25-32 since the trumpet sound is distinctly louder then the synth harmony. Not necessary, but is something to consider.

AwesomeYears

That's funny because I was also planning to do a replacement yesterday (I actually planned it months back) but oh well.

Static

All right, I added those accents because I definitely do agree that the trumpet there does come out more.

However, I do not believe those chords in m. 33-36 should be quarter note triplets. After listening to the original song multiple times again, I can confirm that the 3rd note of each "triplet" seems a bit shorter, which is why I went with the dotted 8th-dotted 8th-8th originally. I have made a version of the score with the triplets, however, which is linked below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3q8g4wed1skizpx/AABxZldOAD4A-wDVMmmHZQ7ka?dl=0

I just don't think it sounds as close to the original with the quarter note triplets.

Latios212

You're good Static, rhythmically.

One small thing - you can put 9-16 in repeat bars (like the first 8 measures) since the following eight measures are identical.

here

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

All right, I added the repeat, and I also lowered the 8va lines a bit because I noticed they seemed a little to close to the notes. Thanks you guys for all the help!

Latios212

Anytime! :3

Oh, and the top system on page 2 is nearly colliding with the page number and title. Don't worry, I got it.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot