[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - "Nothing Set in Stone"

Started by Dekudude, February 27, 2008, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

It probably sounds different from Brian's because when I did the first half, I didn't have his on me so I started from scratch. I also didn't have a copy of Nothing Set in Stone on me so I did it from memory ... for that reason, the area that I call the "solo" ended up differently than it was recorded. I don't know whether to leave the new improv in, or go back and notate it exactly the way it was originally recorded.

I'm also not sure if I should go back and add in tempo marks. It may sound smoother just playing it through with all the same tempo, even though that's not how I recorded it.

I think we're probably going to end up with a couple different versions =) Which is totally ok! Music is something that is very personal, and if you ask me, each pianist that attempts it should add their own little touches to it and make it their own. If you want trills and tempo marks - go for it! It'll sound great. If someone likes the new solo and wants to play it with a steady tempo, go for it, that'll sound great too. If someone wants to change the chord to eminor, and the f chord to a c chord, go for it ... it'll sound pretty good.

Dekudude

Well said, and great job! I really appreciate all of the work that went in to making this. I look forward to seeing this finished!

Ice

Hey HugoMeister - I started on the "Ballad of the Windfish" one - no ETA at this time though

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Ice

I put most of the basics of the Windfish arrangement in this file: http://www.warehouse17.com/79-gameover.mus

There's really not much more to it than that - just lots of repeats of those phrases.

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Pearcinator

Hey Ice, is that the final song. Because i really want to learn the rest of the song. If its done, great, but if you're still working on it, hurry up  ;).

Sirus

i just checked rthis thread
dude ur awesome  :o :o :o
lol
i cant wait till the final version  !!!!!!

SuMa

I actually... dont see why this is seen as ''amazing'' personally I find Crystal Stars [GCN] from Paper Mario 2 much more amazing...
But its a good song, dont see why people are tryin so hard to arrange this but... Id be happy if Crystal Stars would be done...
Why on earth isnt there a Midi for Crystal Stars ´~`

But good job there, got pretty far, keep it up

Brawler4Ever

I can almost play the entire right hand to NSIS. I feel so proud of myself.  ;D

Oh yeah, btw, when is the final version going to be put up?  ::)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

PianoMasta7

I can play it...I'm playing it during my School Talent Show!!

Brawler4Ever

Sweet! I almost got to play it for arecital this Thursday...but I couldn't get it down on time.  :'(
Oh well. I'm still trying to learn it (I put Ice's and Pearcinator's arrangements together). It's a cool song.

PianoMan

Well, apparently the version you have is abbreviated because I found a longer one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qxzml2dmano

Brawler4Ever

My version is in .mus format.
Also, here's the piece that I was going to play for my Recital.
The recital piece was slightly edited (I took out the long middle part)
my recital went well, by the way.

Note: Near the end, you'll meet a measure that is cut in half. I can't change Time Sigs halfway through the song. (I think it's supposed to be in 3/4 time, and then back to normal somewhere.  :-\

Brian

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on May 26, 2008, 07:36:00 AMSweet! I almost got to play it for arecital this Thursday...but I couldn't get it down on time.  :'(
Oh well. I'm still trying to learn it (I put Ice's and Pearcinator's arrangements together). It's a cool song.

My arrangement actually. Pearcinator had mine before nsm went down. Wow you guys are still at it? I thought it'd be done by now especially with Ice here. Is it done?