[MUL] Skylanders: Giants - "Skystones" by Tobbeh99

Started by Zeta, July 11, 2016, 02:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

That looks infinitely better, awesome!

Another thing - the system beginning with m. 31 is really cramped. Dots from the dotted notes are overlapping the sixteenth notes, and there's too little space between notes. I know it's neatly divided by hypermeter right now, but I really think a fifth system on the second page would make things look nicer.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

I've updated the files, and I broadened the margin a bit. The dots still collide but I don't think that's a big problem since you can see the note value on the chord notes below. And I think it's best as a 4-measure system. If I have it as two 2-measure system it gets too wide, and having 3-measure systems mess up the hypermeasure.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Well as it stands right now, the dots in measure 33 only partially overlap the sixteenth notes. I suppose if you hide those couple it's all good.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

I still don't think it's spaced out enough. The key sign is when it's so close Finale has to space the 8ths just like 16ths to fit all the notes in, like the system of m31.
Listening to the recording you gave, I heard these things:
Those grace notes in m5 are just 2 Cs, not the whole chord thing you have going on right now.

Aside from that, it checks out well.

Tobbeh99

K.... I expanded the margins again.

I made the grace notes the way it is because I think it sounds better on piano that way. The C's works fine on guitar, but I don't think they sound so good on piano, and that the chord is better.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

What Maelstrom was trying to get at is not widening the margins, but creating another system at the bottom. Right now the problem is that the eighth notes are spaced the same as the sixteenth notes, and that can be misleading when trying to read the rhythm. After weighing options, I think his suggestions would be best. Hypermeter is nice to preserve, but not always the most important.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

I don't agree with you about creating a new system at the bottom. I think it looks a bit tight, but not too tight, and if it was I'd noticed that and fixed it from the start. And I don't think that it's misleading by the 8ths being so close. Because the rhythm is pretty simple, and the strong beats are very clear, and the same "theme" has been repeated previously (m.9-12, 22-25), so that way I don't it's that misleading.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot