Series: Other
Game: Skylanders: Giants
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Skystones
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tobbeh99

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Here's another Skylanders song. It's a really pleasant tune, and also one that is really fun to play as well.

Clarifications:

-This song actually appeared in Spyro's Adventure, the game before Giants, but only in an adventure pack you had to buy. And the song has appeared in the rest of the series as "the skystones song" so it feels more logical to put it under Giants and call it "Skystones".

-The title in the youtube video says "Cutthroat Carnival - Skystones". And while it does appear in that chapter, it does not only do that, the song appears in pretty much all chapters, only that that specific chapter is very focused on the mini-game, Skystones. So for that reason I don't think that's a good title, and that only "Skystones" is a better and more accurate one.

-I couldn't make the playback play swing 16th. And I don't care much that I don't know how to fix it. But as you can hear, it's swing 16ths in the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CQgc26J-Q
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Nice song. I didn't do some deep note checking, but it sounds good on a single listen.

Two things I have to say.
1. In the copyright info, instead of using a "/", use a comma. We've been using commas for a while now. I could pull up many examples. For example: "Publisher, Developer"

2. Why is M. 18-21 in layer 4?

Other than that, looks like a sweet arrangement. Great work!

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Sebastian on August 15, 2016, 09:09:04 AMNice song. I didn't do some deep note checking, but it sounds good on a single listen.

Two things I have to say.
1. In the copyright info, instead of using a "/", use a comma. We've been using commas for a while now. I could pull up many examples. For example: "Publisher, Developer"
Fixed.

Quote from: Sebastian on August 15, 2016, 09:09:04 AM2. Why is M. 18-21 in layer 4?

Other than that, looks like a sweet arrangement. Great work!
It's for the playback. I'm kind of nit-picky when it comes to playback and often edit my sheets to sound well as well. And in layer 4 I assigned the playback to play with the left, una corda, pedal down, as I want for that section.

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 15, 2016, 12:48:14 PMIt's for the playback. I'm kind of nit-picky when it comes to playback and often edit my sheets to sound well as well. And in layer 4 I assigned the playback to play with the left, una corda, pedal down, as I want for that section.
Ah, ok. Sounds good!

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

I get how it's hard to fit so many voices in, but m14 and m16 can't be called anything but ugly. That will need addressing.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 02, 2016, 08:24:22 PMI get how it's hard to fit so many voices in, but m14 and m16 can't be called anything but ugly. That will need addressing.

I can agree with you, but I did my best. I wanted to show all the different voices, the arpeggiated chords, the melody, the grace notes in between the melody. But do you got a better idea?

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Showing different voices is important, but keep in mind sheets are meant to be read and played. It looks something like a mess to someone trying to read it right now. As such, from a visual standpoint (right now I can't listen to the original) I'd suggest taking out the redundant-looking layer (the one with eighth notes beamed upwards, since the notes there are already being played in other payers) and just leaving the chords + sixteenths, similar to the third system. Perhaps with accents on the sixteenth notes you want stressed where the melody lies.

But I'm not listening to the original atm so I'm not 100% sure, just some thoughts.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Tbh, I don't think it looks that messy. But I have another suggestion, as it seems that people doesn't like my choice of notation. The suggestion is to combine 2 layers into 1, like the image below:

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

That looks much better. Just mind that F# collision.

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom