News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

put me down - tentatively, mind - for Route 228 (Day) and Battle Hall

Sebastian

I'll also be taking:
(This will also be my HQ for sheets concerning this project).

New:
48) Evolution
52) Route 206 (Day)
95) Trainers' Eyes Meet (Sailor)
100) Floaroma Town (Night)
137) Battle! (Legendary Pokémon)
143) Victory! (Elite Four)
148) Congratulations on Entering the Hall of Fame!

Replacements:
101) Old Chateu
14) The Pokémon Lab*

Platinum:
20) Special Program: "Let's Ask Prof. Rowan!"
24) Wi-Fi Plaza: Mini-Games
26) Wi-Fi Plaza: Parade
31) Spin Trade
32) Mystery Gift
45) Battle Castle

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Are we allowed to have a duet arrangement with the solo because

Contest: Results Announcement (Duet) - [MUS]

I have no idea how I'm gonna reduce that into a solo but it's gonna be pretty simplified.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Altissimo

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on July 20, 2016, 07:12:23 AMSFX:
I'm willing to do all the sound effects into a fanfare sheet. Is this all of them?
Is what all of them? I can provide a list for you later if you need I guess.

Platinum is a separate game, similar to Diamond and Pearl, but with a slightly altered storyline and some new features and music tracks.

Keep in mind 14 - The Pokémon Lab will be an edit replacement. Only minor adjustments are needed.

Oh, and Snowpoint City (Night) is extremely similar to the day version (not even a key change like many of the others), just fyi. Not sure if we need another arrangement for it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2016, 05:48:40 PMIs what all of them? I can provide a list for you later if you need I guess.
Whoops, I'm sorry. I didn't clarify. I meant if all the sfx that Onionleaf listed in that list she put together was all of the fanfares.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2016, 05:48:40 PMPlatinum is a separate game, similar to Diamond and Pearl, but with a slightly altered storyline and some new features and music tracks.
Awesome, cool.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2016, 05:48:40 PMKeep in mind 14 - The Pokémon Lab will be an edit replacement. Only minor adjustments are needed.
Yup. I noticed that from the OP. Thanks for the reminder.
It's such a cool song that I couldn't pass it up. :P

Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2016, 05:48:40 PMOh, and Snowpoint City (Night) is extremely similar to the day version (not even a key change like many of the others), just fyi. Not sure if we need another arrangement for it.
Oh, I didn't know that. Maybe the arranger of the Day version would like to do it?

Zeila

I edited these sheets a little bit, but am still unsure about some things (for example, the note spellings in Battle! (Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie))

Battle! (Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie) - [MUS]
Eterna Forest - [MUS]
Lake - [MUS]
Lake (Two Pianos) - [MUS]

Quote from: Sebastian on July 20, 2016, 07:15:16 PMOh, I didn't know that. Maybe the arranger of the Day version would like to do it?
I don't think we need a Night version since the only difference is added auxiliary percussion (forgot what instrument it was exactly). If there absolutely had to be one, then it'd probably be better for someone else to arrange it for variety

Latios212

I don't think a Night version is necessary unless we're going for 100% OST completion (and we're not quite there yet...)

Anyway, feedback incoming on these. First off, Battle! (Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie) to start:
- Articulations on the intro. Staccatos would probably be good.
- Try out power chords in the left hand to really tap into some of that bass drive from the original, and see if you like it.
- 38-41 - Those dyads sound inverted.
- 62+: The RH should definitely be lower. On a quick pass those minor thirds really sound out of place - I think power chords are the right way to go, putting the RH in bass clef. Also re-check the bass rhythm in these places - sometimes beat 1 is shortened.

There's more I would like to say about this arrangement, but that's all I've got time for right now.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Zeila on July 20, 2016, 07:22:47 PMI don't think we need a Night version since the only difference is added auxiliary percussion (forgot what instrument it was exactly). If there absolutely had to be one, then it'd probably be better for someone else to arrange it for variety
Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2016, 08:00:30 PMI don't think a Night version is necessary unless we're going for 100% OST completion (and we're not quite there yet...)
No problem, haha.

JDMEK5

I'll claim all 3 battle themes pertaining to Team Galactic (Grunt, Commander, and Boss). Also, even though it's unlisted, I'll try my hand at Giratina Battle.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Yay!

Newly accepted:
132 - Valor Lakefront (Night) - dajwxp

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

ok nvm that was really easy, I'd still like to submit the duet as well if I can

Contest: Results Announcement (Solo) [MUS]
Contest: Results Announcement (Duet) [MUS]
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department