News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

How long will it take?

Started by TNU2002, July 21, 2016, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNU2002

What amount of time should i expect it to take to get a reply on my request? I posted my request 2 days ago, and have no replies. But then i see another 2 requests posted today that each have 4 replies... How long will it take for someone to make it or at least reply? What if noone replies?  :'(

Zeila

It depends on how popular the game is, if someone played and liked the game/soundtrack, and if the pieces sound good/interesting enough to the point where someone will arrange it even if they've never heard of it. Some requests never get replies even months after, so you'll just have to be patient and hope for the best (or perhaps try arranging it yourself!) maybe there should be disclaimers saying this so that people won't ask how long it takes for a request to be fulfilled or a submission to be accepted, but it might not change anything anyways

braix

You will get a reply if somebody is interested in fulfilling your request. You shouldn't expect any replies within a specific time frame, because when it boils down to it, a request is just a request and nobody is really obligated to do it.

Side note: I expected this to be a topic about tootsie roll pops so I went into it ready to post "400-600 licks from my experience"
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

daj

Erm, depends on the game, really. ^^ And a bunch of other stuff.

I just checked up on the request board and I saw your thread, buuut I have no idea what the game you're requesting for is. Like, I think I know what Skylanders is, but I'm not a fan of it enough to happily take up a request from a soundtrack I'm not familiar with.

That being said I'll go take a listen to your track once I get computer access tomorrow night and see how that goes~

As a guy who tries to do requests though, I think it's generally more "safe" if you (as a requester) make a bunch more posts first hehe. It kinda stings when you do a request and the guy who asked for the track never shows up again (or takes your files without thanks, but you wouldn't know that). If your first post on these awesome forums is to ask for something then it's a little less enticing for us to go for your request, hehe.

I think the safest option is to make some posts first. Orrrr if you like maybe you can directly ask some of us once you get to know us. It's a nice place here, promised! Maybe you wanna stay for a while. You know, why not~

Much cheers!

Altissimo

requesting here is really one of those things that sometimes turns out like "if you want something done right you should do it yourself". Of course that's not always true but even if no one takes your request... arranging is actually less daunting than people think.

Latios212

It also helps to explain why you want it instead of just saying "here, can someone do this for me".

If you want to learn to play the song on piano, that's great! If you want to upload a Synthesia tutorial to your YouTube channel, that's not great! (Just as examples.)

And remember we're a sheet music website, not a midi website.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

I think in this case nobody's really willing to arrange a piece from skylanders
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Tobbeh has.

Anyway, the request board would be more accurately named the "suggestions board."
That's all it is. People will arrange whatever the heck they want to, but seeing a song they think sounds really great, or that someone wants sheet music for a song they've been meaning to get around to for some time will be much more likely to happen.

Dekkadeci

The oldest Request thread with zero replies (as of today) is from May 29, 2008. Here's a quote of its OP:
Quote from: Dihan on May 29, 2008, 01:51:39 AMIf I can make a request here, I'd like to see either Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light Medley or perhaps Pictochat.

Pictochat completed by GzGregory

You could be waiting for years until somebody notices.

Corners of the website are poorly cross-referenced: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4849 requests "Taking Over the Halberd" from Kirby Super Star despite the song already showing up on the website as "Halfmoon" here. Admittedly, the current arrangement on the website is pretty flawed.