Series: EarthBound
Game: EarthBound
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Buy Somethin' Will Ya!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Name should be changed to "Buy Somethin' Will Ya!"

Maelstrom

Latios212

- Cut layer 2 in places to reduce clutter.
- Accidentals.
- Some LH notes/staccatos are flipped in 15-16.
- The template you use often makes things look... awkward. I can't really point out what it is, but I'd suggest pasting things into the sheet we provided you with last time when working on Fourside. That in itself makes things look a lot nicer.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

To add onto what Latios said, there are some systems where all of the staccatos make it overcrowded. You could either move them to the top and/or bottom of the note (for RH and/or LH) or widen the space between systems (someone else might have to help you with that if that's what you prefer). You can also put sempre staccato and hide the following staccatos for the RH, and maybe even the LH (aside from the last 8 measures), but you would still have to do the above for the first two measures

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2016, 04:32:30 PM- Accidentals.
- Some LH notes/staccatos are flipped in 15-16.
Done & done.

Quote from: Zeila on July 25, 2016, 04:49:11 PMThere are some systems where all of the staccatos make it overcrowded. You could either move them to the top and/or bottom of the note (for RH and/or LH) or widen the space between systems
I went ahead and widened the systems a little bit & moved all the clashing staccatos in the R.H. to the top. Hopefully it looks a little less cluttered now.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2016, 04:32:30 PM- Cut layer 2 in places to reduce clutter.
The clutter is already reduced because of Zeila's suggestion above. That being said, I personally would like layer two to stay as is. I think it adds a bit of "color" to the piece.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2016, 04:32:30 PM- The template you use often makes things look... awkward. I can't really point out what it is, but I'd suggest pasting things into the sheet we provided you with last time when working on Fourside. That in itself makes things look a lot nicer.
Really? I've been using the NSM Template file from the Formatting guidlines thread. But, I did try to paste it into the Fourside sheet, which led to some very... peculiar results. For now, I've left the formatting as is, but you or I can change it if need be.

OP updated with the changes. 

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

Okay, well, that file had some special things built into it that I had to undo (the 8vb left hand and stuff). Right.

But what I was referring to is the look and layout. Here's what I mean.

Spoiler
[close]

By reducing the size a little bit and having wider margins and more space between staves, you can avoid moving the staccatos into awkward positions. See how much neater this looks. Everything has more breathing space.

Maybe it's time we updated the NSM template...

Files to come after I determine which inversion these chords are in. Good job transcribing, by the way. All these chords sound right.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2016, 07:08:22 PMBut what I was referring to is the look and layout. Here's what I mean.
Spoiler
[close]
By reducing the size a little bit and having wider margins and more space between staves, you can avoid moving the staccatos into awkward positions. See how much neater this looks. Everything has more breathing space.
Okay, gotcha. I had widened the margins a little bit, though not quite as much as you have.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2016, 07:08:22 PMFiles to come after I determine which inversion these chords are in. Good job transcribing, by the way. All these chords sound right.
Thanks! Btw, there are one or two spots where I took out a note in the 2nd layer for playability reasons. Just fyi.

Sebastian

Hey. Great work with this song!
Latios and I did some editing with this sheet on skype: note inversions and whatnot.

File

Hope it is to your liking!

[11:19:25 PM] Latios212: say I gave it the green light

Accepted

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Sebastian on July 31, 2016, 08:32:19 PMHey. Great work with this song!
Latios and I did some editing with this sheet on skype: note inversions and whatnot.
File
Hope it is to your liking!
[11:19:25 PM] Latios212: say I gave it the green light
Accepted

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot