News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles X - "PianoX2" by Zeila

Started by Zeta, July 25, 2016, 04:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles X
Console: Wii U
Title: PianoX2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Hey. This is a wonderful piece. The Finale soundfont doesn't do it justice :P

Some feedback:
- In M. 1, the C on beat 3.5 doesn't re-strike in the original. The one on your sheet does. Usually, I let stuff like this slide unless I believe editing it would enhance the sheet. Up to you.
- Maybe a ritardando from the end of M. 9 to the last beat of M. 10?
- I would definitely recommend layers like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Much more practical, especially as beautiful of a piece as this.
- Super nit picky, but maybe even up the dynamics in M. 11 & 12.
- Flip the tie in M. 47.

Great sheet again! Lat and I are currently spicing up the formatting. We'll keep ya posted!

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on August 05, 2016, 06:56:49 PMLat and I are currently spicing up the formatting.
Try this

You're not doing any good trying to fit it on 3 pages when you end up with cramped 5-measure systems. Give the music some space to breathe, even if that means one extra page.

(also lemme know if I made everything a little too small, I may have accidentally done that)

(Beautiful piece, by the way.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Thanks!! All of your suggestions have been edited into the formatted sheet if they weren't already fixed. It wasn't too small, but I decided to change the page layout from 90% back to 100% since there's enough room

Onionleaf

Just wanted to stop by and say what a lovely choice of music. :) Once this sheet is all polished up I'll be sure to print it out.

The only thing I could think of was some possible pedal markings, just because of the held note that in the original goes from m47 on to m48. And I felt like the RH chords in m44 could possibly have C played as well, not just in the first chord. This is what first came to mind, at least. ^^ Otherwise, it really will be up to the player to add emotion to this piece.

Zeila

Thanks, and definitely! Instead of showing the pedal markings, I decided to tie the note (as well as the half notes in m9 and 11) to indicate that it lasts longer. The C is only there for the first chord, although if you want to play it on the second one then by all means go ahead. I also added a D on beat 2 m43

JDMEK5

I think you have a mistake with your tempo marking in m.19. "Expressione" means literally "expression". I think something like "Espressivo" would be more fitting here.

Also, I think after each rit on pages 2-4, rather than put *quarter note* = 80 every time, I think you could get away with just putting "a tempo".

Measure 54 is a little crammed. Not sure if there's any way to resolve that but if not, that's ok.

I think that's all as far as aesthetics are concerned from my end. Good work.

EDIT:

I'm doing a listening check now and I have the following:
-Measure 25 (beat 2.5)-26 (beat 4), RH: Could be my headphones but I'm not hearing the lower voice here (in measure 26 that would be the A. I'm hearing the lower E). Just sayin'.
-Measure 65-66: The rhythms here imo are a little misleading. The slowing of note values as well as the ritardando together would result in a much quicker and more drastic slowing down than the original has. I would first off suggest only doing one of those things. Either the note values or the ritardando. That being said, if you got rid of the ritardando you could replace it with "ad lib." which would be most appropriate here. That's what I recommend.

Final comment: Gorgeous piece, beautiful sheet. Amazing job. I will be learning this in the near future.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeila

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2016, 12:00:25 PMI think you have a mistake with your tempo marking in m.19. "Expressione" means literally "expression". I think something like "Espressivo" would be more fitting here.
Heh, oops. Yea

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2016, 12:00:25 PMAlso, I think after each rit on pages 2-4, rather than put *quarter note* = 80 every time, I think you could get away with just putting "a tempo".
Done

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2016, 12:00:25 PMMeasure 54 is a little crammed. Not sure if there's any way to resolve that but if not, that's ok.
It should be better now

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2016, 12:00:25 PM-Measure 25 (beat 2.5)-26 (beat 4), RH: Could be my headphones but I'm not hearing the lower voice here (in measure 26 that would be the A. I'm hearing the lower E). Just sayin'.
I definitely hear it, but perhaps another person chime in

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2016, 12:00:25 PM-Measure 65-66: The rhythms here imo are a little misleading. The slowing of note values as well as the ritardando together would result in a much quicker and more drastic slowing down than the original has. I would first off suggest only doing one of those things. Either the note values or the ritardando. That being said, if you got rid of the ritardando you could replace it with "ad lib." which would be most appropriate here. That's what I recommend.
Sure thing

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2016, 12:00:25 PMFinal comment: Gorgeous piece, beautiful sheet. Amazing job. I will be learning this in the near future.
Thank you! :3 (also, thanks for the feedback!)

JDMEK5

Just some last things we found in Skype:

Measure 12: Check dynamics here. You have a hairpin surrounding a p despite having mp being the last dynamic.
Measure 43, beat 1, RH: Lower the rest so it doesn't clash.
End-ish: Some of these fermatas are off center. I'd suggest deleting them and adding them in again.
Measure 63: Move the rit down between the staves.
Measures 64-65: We refashioned these for you rather than going with "ad lib" like I suggested. What we finished with was this:

^Feel free to notate that prettier. We just finished with a barebones idea.
Measure 44: Consider putting a specific dynamic in the middle of the hairpin here. You don't necessarily have to if you want it to be more ad lib, but just be aware that if you have a clearer idea, put something in. Latios thought either the preceeding mf or the following p would be in order.
Measure 41 has a clash between stem and dynamic.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Zeila

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 18, 2016, 07:55:53 PMMeasure 12: Check dynamics here. You have a hairpin surrounding a p despite having mp being the last dynamic.
I tried being more clear with my intentions

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 18, 2016, 07:55:53 PMMeasures 64-65: We refashioned these for you rather than going with "ad lib" like I suggested. What we finished with was this:

^Feel free to notate that prettier. We just finished with a barebones idea.
How's this?
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 18, 2016, 07:55:53 PMMeasure 44: Consider putting a specific dynamic in the middle of the hairpin here. You don't necessarily have to if you want it to be more ad lib, but just be aware that if you have a clearer idea, put something in. Latios thought either the preceeding mf or the following p would be in order.
Decided to go with putting a forte in the middle

Everything else has been updated, and thanks once again for the feedback!

Latios212

The reason we notated it like that is because the F is noticeably sustained (and oops, the 8va is supposed to start at that first RH G). Hope that clears things up a bit.

I think we also forgot to take out the 120 tempo marking after readjusting the rhythms to avoid it. Whoops.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

For that notation bit at the end, what I would suggest is like a note with a longer note value in the LH sharing the same notehead with the first F in the cross-staved thing. Therefore it shows both that it's part of the line but also that it should be held. Hopefully that makes sense.

My Arrangements

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on September 21, 2016, 06:47:03 AMI think we also forgot to take out the 120 tempo marking after readjusting the rhythms to avoid it. Whoops.
That'd make a lot more sense

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 21, 2016, 10:15:44 AMFor that notation bit at the end, what I would suggest is like a note with a longer note value in the LH sharing the same notehead with the first F in the cross-staved thing. Therefore it shows both that it's part of the line but also that it should be held. Hopefully that makes sense.
Like this?