News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Donkey Kong 64 Unofficial Arrangement Project

Started by Sebastian, August 02, 2016, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:34:29 PMIt is completely normal thing to try to start an unofficial arrangement project, but you need to understand that it is only that- unofficial. It should not be given priority by staff over sheets submitted through the official method.

honestly imma step in to say that this is a point i highly agree with. its totally fair to want your sheets accepted and your unofficial project to take off! but like. the op of this thread was made 3 days ago and has literally dozens of accepted sheets. where did they all come from? why are updaters working on this instead of the ones submitted through submissions? i find it hard to believe they'd choose to accept so many of their own accord, randomly, without being prodded a bit.
and thats not fair to anyone else on this forum.

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Bespinben on August 05, 2016, 08:37:39 PMI literally commando'd an entire 50-sheet update a month ago... in a SINGLE DAY. How's that for priority?

Oh wait, you don't actually look at the updates. Nevermind.

Congrats, want a gold star?

What I'm doing right now is pointing out something that IS an issue, no matter how much some of you may claim everything is working perfectly.
I like food.

MaestroUGC

If they were prodded or not it doesn't matter. If that's how they chose to spend their volunteered time on NSM then that's their choice. This isn't a job, there's no quota or mandate for them to do anything other than approve sheets.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:34:29 PMThis project is NOT an official arrangement project. You are, to use a figure of speech, comparing apples to oranges.

It is completely normal thing to try to start an unofficial arrangement project, but you need to understand that it is only that- unofficial. It should not be given priority by staff over sheets submitted through the official method.
This is true. I have not helped on it.
HOWEVER:
In the case of GSC, although you may have not seen it, it was done behind the scenes by Latios in his spare time he has the free right of choosing rather than doing submissions. It's not like one's his duty and he's not allowed to do the other. In addition, all the sheets were double checked by Latios, JD, and Olimar in the span of a single night, which didn't really pull that much from anywhere else. It's a little different here, but it's up to the updaters if they want to or not. I know some updaters might think unofficial projects can become official projects without a problem, but I don't really agree, and will probably not be helping with this at any point. It's their choice, and, while I agree that it feels unfair, (probably because it is) it's still their choice.

ninja'd 4x oh my

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Bespinben on August 05, 2016, 08:37:39 PMI literally commando'd an entire 50-sheet update a month ago... in a SINGLE DAY. How's that for priority?

Oh wait, you don't actually look at the updates. Nevermind.
Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:39:02 PMCongrats, want a gold star?

What I'm doing right now is pointing out something that IS an issue, no matter how much some of you may claim everything is working perfectly.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 05, 2016, 08:42:37 PMNobody wants your salty Gold Star.
Chill out guys.
All of you.
There is way to much salt here and don't you try to blame it on one person because it's from ****ing everybody.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 05, 2016, 08:44:29 PMChill out guys.
All of you.
There is way to much salt here and don't you try to blame it on one person because it's from ****ing everybody.
Seconded.

EFitTrainr

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 05, 2016, 08:40:59 PMIf they were prodded or not it doesn't matter. If that's how they chose to spend their volunteered time on NSM then that's their choice. This isn't a job, there's no quota or mandate for them to do anything other than approve sheets.

Like I said, man, regulations. This system is NOT working for everybody. Whether you choose to turn a blind eye to it or address it is completely up to you, but I know I'm not the only person bothered by it.
I like food.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 05, 2016, 08:44:29 PMChill out guys.
All of you.
Don't worry, I've been chill the whole time. I may not have been displaying it, but I'm listening to High Quality Game Rips so I'm not taking anything seriously.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

EFitTrainr

If you aren't going to take a conversation like this one seriously, perhaps it would be better not to partake in it.
I like food.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:46:03 PMLike I said, man, regulations. This system is NOT working for everybody. Whether you choose to turn a blind eye to it or address it is completely up to you, but I know I'm not the only person bothered by it.
No, because that would turn updating into an obligation, and you cannot obligate volunteers.

WaluigiTime64

I can still make serious points about it, but I'm not going to get super aggressive about it. Sometimes there needs to be someone to lighten up the mood a bit, when things get (almost) pointlessly serious.

That being said, I'm trying to understand your point, and I get it (sort of), but you're not getting what the actual Updaters are saying. They say they're fine with it, so they're shouldn't be so much of a problem about it.

EFitTrainr

Yeah, fine, the group of people in charge are fine with it, so I guess the opinion of a peasant like me doesn't matter.
I like food.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:56:37 PMYeah, fine, the group of people in charge are fine with it, so I guess the opinion of a peasant like me doesn't matter.
Yes basically

You aren't participating in this project, so calling yourself a "peasant" in this scenario is an incorrect metaphor.

Olimar12345

Something about reading being hard:

@mariolegofan & waluigi:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 28, 2015, 04:13:20 PMToo many projects takes the updater's already little time away from other things, such as the normal Submissions, or regular site maintenance.

For an Arrangement Project (AP) to be considered "Official," it must/will have these qualities:
-The OST will be agreed upon by the community via a poll.
-The topic will exist in the Arrangements & Submissions board.
-At least one updater will be in charge of/responsible for organizing and maintaining the project and topic.
-Official AP's will be guaranteed a special, exclusive update upon completion

@Shadowkirby:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 28, 2015, 04:13:20 PMAn unofficial project may be created and may exist in the Personal Arrangements board. An Unofficial Arrangement Project (UAP) may become an official project if the following qualities develop within it over time:
-Enough community interest and contribution is present.
-Significant quality throughout the material arranged should be shown.
-A substantial amount of material is arranged/collected.
-There must be no current projects in place at the time of the request.

As of right now, anything arranged for an Unofficial Arrangement Project must be sent through the normal submission process before being uploaded to the site.

(Whoops, I forgot to add Dppt...brb)

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!