The Donkey Kong 64 Unofficial Arrangement Project

Started by Sebastian, August 02, 2016, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

It is not conducive to maintaining the level of quality on sheets people have come to expect from NSM.
I like food.

Latios212

Show me a sheet uploaded to the site in the past year that doesn't meet quality standards.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

EFitTrainr

I am not going to look through every submission in a 1-year period to prove my point.

In the past few years, NSM has had an overhaul in quality- the streamlined submissions process, the new updating staff, and overall sheet quality.

The whole point of the Zeta system is to keep up with these relatively new standards of quality, and working outside of it circumvents its entire purpose.
I like food.

Latios212

My point stands - where are you getting the idea that the sheets we upload outside of submissions are somehow of lower quality?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

EFitTrainr

I'm using logic.

The more people who are able to review a sheet, the more likely all possible mistakes/formatting errors are to be found.

Two heads are better than one, and whatnot.
I like food.

Latios212

My point stands - where are you getting the idea that the sheets we upload outside of submissions are not checked over as thoroughly by as many updaters? Not everything the updaters do is public, you know.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Basically, Shadowkirby is saying that the Updaters don't know what quality is unless 10 Non-Updaters look at it first.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

EFitTrainr

It's not JUST updaters who help fix sheets. It's a community process, and while I appreciate all the work you guys do for it, you cannot honestly take credit for everything that goes on in the official submissions board.

Also, we have completely ignored one of my other points, being that it's unfair to those of us working through the officially designated submission process.
I like food.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:23:10 PMI'm using logic.

The more people who are able to review a sheet, the more likely all possible mistakes/formatting errors are to be found.

Two heads are better than one, and whatnot.
From what I can tell I've never seen more than two updaters at most reviewing a single sheet, though the second is usually commenting on minutiae or formatting; most times it's just a single updater (in the case of Olimar or Ben, for example). Anything more than that is a rarity that I can't remember the last time I saw.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:29:57 PMIt's not JUST updaters who help fix sheets. It's a community process, and while I appreciate all the work you guys do for it, you cannot honestly take credit for everything that goes on in the official submissions board.

Also, we have completely ignored one of my other points, being that it's unfair to those of us working through the officially designated submission process.
Quote from: Maelstrom on August 05, 2016, 08:30:02 PMEven official arrangement projects?
No, seriously. This is how official arrangement projects are done.

WaluigiTime64

Was ShadowKirby also complaining about the "Pokemon Gold and Silver Unofficial Arrangement Project"?
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 05, 2016, 08:31:00 PMFrom what I can tell I've never seen more than two updaters at most reviewing a single sheet, though the second is usually commenting on minutiae or formatting; most times it's just a single updater (in the case of Olimar or Ben, for example). Anything more than that is a rarity that I can't remember the last time I saw.
You haven't been in our skype chats. At times, we have 4 people working on the same sheet. Everything we discuss there gets the approval of 2-3 and sometimes 4 updaters. What you see on the forums is only the tip of the iceberg.

EFitTrainr

This project is NOT an official arrangement project. You are, to use a figure of speech, comparing apples to oranges.

It is completely normal thing to try to start an unofficial arrangement project, but you need to understand that it is only that- unofficial. It should not be given priority by staff over sheets submitted through the official method.
I like food.

Bespinben

I literally commando'd an entire 50-sheet update a month ago... in a SINGLE DAY. How's that for priority?

Oh wait, you don't actually look at the updates. Nevermind.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday