Arrangement Contest No. 8 - Sign-ups

Started by BrainyLucario, August 22, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Yeah like what if judges be like hey I recognize this and give it more points
unmotivated

Sebastian

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on September 14, 2016, 11:54:06 AMYours will be awesome. 'nuff said :3

(Judges are supposed to be objective when it comes to this kinda stuff. That said, I do know the song you're doing.)
Aw thnx <3 lol

Quote from: Latios212 on September 14, 2016, 11:54:06 AM(That said, I do know the song you're doing.)
Quote from: Latios212 on September 14, 2016, 11:54:06 AM(That said, I do know the song you're doing.)
Wat? How?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

It's easy to get a cool, sort of mystic feeling when I'm listening to vgm I don't know very well. It gives me a chance to check out a new soundtrack and appreciate different franchises. And then I'll be in awe of your mastery of music I wasn't even familiar with.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 14, 2016, 08:15:42 PMYeah like what if judges be like hey I recognize this and give it more points
Judges being familiar with pieces might backfire on you--they might think that your arrangement of the piece ruined it. (Sadly, I'm like that with several VGM remixes I've heard.)

Quote from: Oronoco on September 15, 2016, 05:08:02 PMIt's easy to get a cool, sort of mystic feeling when I'm listening to vgm I don't know very well. It gives me a chance to check out a new soundtrack and appreciate different franchises. And then I'll be in awe of your mastery of music I wasn't even familiar with.
That reminds me of my time listening to Live at Grillby's, not recognizing half the UnderTale songs, and being convinced by insaneintherainmusic's performances of them that I was listening to generic jazz.

Sadly, it's a catch-22 for me: if I'm not familiar with the song, it's unlikely I'll remember it (I typically remember 1-3 songs from each video game I play, and this includes video games with few songs in them), and if I'm familiar with the song, there's a fair chance I'm tearing apart your arrangement's melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic accuracy. (The amusing part is that I've listened to a few VGM songs where NONE of the arrangements I could find get it 100% melodically or harmonically correct.)