News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SNES] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time - "Sewer Surfin'" by Th3Gavst3r

Started by Zeta, August 29, 2016, 09:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Sewer Surfin'
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Th3Gavst3r

Th3Gavst3r

WARNING: UPDATE APPROACHING, SHEET EJECTION REQUIRED

Maelstrom

Nah, keep it.
Changes needed:
Check RH m24 beat 4 again: the 2nd accented 4th moves down instead of being a repeated note.
The big one: The key sig is wrong. It's complicated, but 2 flats should be used because of a lot of complex theory stuff.
Reference:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=8507.msg343996#msg343996

Th3Gavst3r

Tweaked it. Did my best fixing accidentals, hopefully I know what I'm doing :P

Static

I'm no expert on music theory, but I feel like the key sig. should be 1 sharp. The tonic is definitely G, but the song overall has a much more major sound to it, just with the most of the Fs being natural.

Maelstrom

Still, it's pretty much G dorian. Olimar's rule I linked to was pretty good for making the tonal center more obvious.

Olimar12345

Sorry, but Static is correct. Tonic is def. G, and it has a major tonality. This also does not contradict my post you linked, I think you just misread or misinterpreted it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Double post. Gav, I like what you have here! I tweaked with it to make it a bit more approachable for a pianist, but I think all that remains is to somehow rearrange the LH part to be easier to read. It doesn't have to be "dumbed down" by any means, but perhaps if you separated it into two layers one could see what you want them to do more clearly. Do this and I think you'll have a killer arrangement here.

Here's what I did: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59554832/nsm/NSM%20subs/Sewer%20Surfin%2712345.mus

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Optionally you could have a dynamic change at m.17 to f and then change back to ff at m.33. It seems as if it gets a bit softer at m.17 but then gets stronger at m.33.

Also how are you going to play the LH m.5-8? Using the RH for the higher notes?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Th3Gavst3r

@Olimar
Not sure which places exactly you meant to change the LH part, but I tweaked it in a couple places to make things a little easier. Namely, I lowered the large octave + 5th jumps starting at M.9 to be much easier to play and made the LH phrases starting at M.17 more symmetric so the player doesn't have to learn something different each repetition.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the changes you made to the RH at M.17 etc. though. Imo it sounds a lot thinner without the high G's, which sound a lot like sirens (in my imagination) and give the piece some extra urgency. Also I felt like using a low A and B to complement the melody at the end of the measure sounds out of place and much too low. The end of M.17 is definitely an F major chord which resolves into G major in the next measure (which I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't pick the A and B hehe) but it should still be pretty comfortable to play that area with this fingering, so I don't think it should be a problem for the performer:

If you had other issues with the LH, let me know where so I can fix them. Really appreciate the help btw! :D

@Tobbeh
I added the dynamic change, that's a good addition I think! About M.5-8, I meant for the RH marking I put at M.2 to carry over through that part, so yeah :P
I tried to use cross-staff notes at first to indicate hands but it got really messy-looking so hopefully the marking I put is clear enough!

Zeta

Olimar12345