Game: Chrono Trigger
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Battle 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

A fun and short little song I felt like doing.

Tobbeh99

It's fine the way you write 8vb in the LH. But a somewhat more fancy way of writing it, which I like to use, is writing an 8vb-line for a measure, then after writing a text like "simile, sempre 8vb",
like I did in this arrangement: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2694. But it's really optional, what you got now works fine as well.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Static

I actually like your way of doing it a lot more and it looks way more professional, so I changed it. Thanks for the tip!

Latios212

Hi, wow, it's been a while since I've had time to feedback some subs. I don't anticipate having much time this upcoming week either >_>

Anyway, great sheet here! One suggestion I have - inverting the chords at the end of 10 and 14 (more specifically, moving the top note down an octave) because right now they're obscuring the melody. The way you arranged it with the harmonies to emphasize those particular notes is great, though.

Oh, and the chord in 11-12 - sounds a bit dissonant unlike the original. Middle note should be a G, I think.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

I moved the top notes of those 2 chords down to show the melody, but I don't think the chord in bars 11-12. After rehearing that part of the song again, the B, A, and D are all there, at least I'm hearing them. The chord in the original has the same dissonance you mentioned, but it's hard to hear without slowing it down because the accompaniment is so quiet.

Edit: Also, I changed the beaming in the 7/4 section as it has more of a 4-and-3 feel.

Maelstrom

One final thing:
That dot of the dotted quarter in m1 collides with the whole note.

Static

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot