[PC] Epic Battle Fantasy 4 - "A Stroll Through Nostalgia (Ending Version)" by Nutella511

Started by Zeta, September 11, 2016, 10:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Console: PC
Title: A Stroll Through Nostalgia (Ending Version)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nutella511

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

joeberryosponge

I think you meant half note = 128. I might feel better if you put it in cut time.

Edit: Never mind about the half note thing. But I still think it is better in cut time.

Latios212

This is the last thing I expected to hear coming from a game called "Epic Battle Fantasy 4".

Instantly love this song, review coming very soon.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Right. Here we go.

- Your intro sounds a bit too dense compared to the original. Chords seem to be filled in a bit too much; the original feels a bit emptier.
- 9+: Why not slur the whole LH part instead of just the eighth notes?
- 20 LH: Not the same as 12. Watch out for copypasta.
- Some dyads in 25-31 were slightly off.
- Should be a "p" dynamic at 32.
- Tempo picks up at 40, returns to normal at 65.
- 41-48 repeat once more; you're missing 8 measures.
- Chords in 44 aren't really rolled any more than the rest of the chords in the section are.
- (using new numbering after 8 measure insert) Adjusted bass in 56.
- 57 and 59, the beat 2.5 note is held into beat 3. Same with 61 and 63. Added harmony G in 64.
- uhh

-File and more feedback to come soon my concentration level just went down the toilet-

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Here

In addition to the above, tweaked chords a bit and distributed measures a bit differently. Also used a fermata in 73. One further suggestion I would make is to just hide the pedal markings altogether and substitute a simple "con pedale" at the beginning, as it's pretty much implied to use it throughout the whole piece. (If not, why are the last two systems all under one large pedal line, i.e. why not segmented like the rest?) Just lemme know what you want and I'll edit the files in the OP for you.

Edit: Oops there shouldn't be a pedal break in the middle of 48. Would be simpler if we just hid all of them :P

Opinions on cut time, anyone?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

nutella511

Thanks. Now that I really think about it, cut time does seem to really fit the song. Also, I think just a con pedale line would work.

Maelstrom

Zeta