Title: Hau'oli City (Night)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

How about we have a competition to see who gets the "better" arrangement?

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

Question, in swing notation, is eighth + two sixteenths meant to be swung? Four sixteenth notes are played straight and two eighth notes are played swung, but I'm actually not sure if eighth + two sixteenths implies that it's meant to be played as a triplet (two eighths and a pair of sixteenths). This sheet comes to mind, and seems to imply swung. There are a couple places in the sheet where two sixteenths are played as a second swung eighth note (where I did not write out the triplet), but one where the timing is a bit different and the sixteenths are played straight. I figured context and spacing would help clarify in the case of this sheet, but an answer would be helpful.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on October 19, 2016, 07:59:42 PMThat sounds like a flame war.
What sounds more like flame war? Zeilia posting an arrangement of a song, then Latios posts one of the same song, but since Zeilia's was up first, Latios's would be taken down. But, Latios then says that Zeilia put "version" in the title, a small little mistake that doesn't matter, so now her's would be taken down. But, oh, Zeilia's title is longer, so now Latios's will be taken down. That or a friendly arranging competition for fun?

Olimar12345

@Latios: typically siteenth notes are played straight when the eighth notes are swung. If a figure containing two sixteenth notes followed by an eighth note appeared in something with swung eighth notes, all three notes would be played straight, implying that the last eighth note would be a part of the sixteenth note group (although that rhythm isn't really used in jazz music to begin with). The only exception to this would be something that implies a double-time feel.

Edit: and to clarify a bit on that last statement on the double-time feel; the sixteenths would be swung and he eighth would be straight (like the quarters are normally). Every way you look at it, the answer is that the eighth would be straight d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 20, 2016, 08:43:02 AMIf a figure containing two sixteenth notes followed by an eighth note appeared in something with swung eighth notes, it would be played straight
That applies to an eighth note followed by two sixteenths then too?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle