[MUL] Mega Man 10 - "Fireball Strike (Strike Man Stage)" by WaluigiTime64

Started by Zeta, October 21, 2016, 04:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 10
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Fireball Strike (Strike Man Stage)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WaluigiTime64

[attachment deleted by admin]

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Onionleaf

Sounds pretty good! Just a few little things that might(?) be useful:

• Don't forget to add a dynamic marking in the beginning. :)
• The first 6 measures seem to be missing the needed "drive". Perhaps including those softer 16ths notes in one hand would help?
• The LH notes after G step down in semitones, so the notes in m7 should be F naturals. Similar pattern in the LH m11-12 as well as m19-20, which you actually wrote correctly in m15-16, so you can just move/copy those two bars to fix that.
• I feel like I'm hearing a C note on the first beat of measure 17.
• m. 24, on the 3rd beat, it sounds like there should be a minor second chord there where the two melodies play together.
• Maybe have the funky beat in m. 41-43 be at a higher pitch to make it sound a bit more like the original?

That's about it from me. Great job so far!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 02:22:36 AM• Don't forget to add a dynamic marking in the beginning. :)
Wait... It was there in my unformatted file...

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 02:22:36 AM• The first 6 measures seem to be missing the needed "drive". Perhaps including those softer 16ths notes in one hand would help?
I had to alter it slightly, but it's there now. It's a bit loud though.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 02:22:36 AM• The LH notes after G step down in semitones, so the notes in m7 should be F naturals.
I swear I'm hearing a solid E there.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 02:22:36 AMSimilar pattern in the LH m11-12 as well as m19-20, which you actually wrote correctly in m15-16, so you can just move/copy those two bars to fix that.
Dunno how I failed to recognise that. Whoops.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 02:22:36 AM• I feel like I'm hearing a C note on the first beat of measure 17.
That's because there is one and I somehow missed it.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 02:22:36 AM• m. 24, on the 3rd beat, it sounds like there should be a minor second chord there where the two melodies play together.
Correct, there is indeed a minor second, and I did recognise it while arranging. I decided against it because it clashes with the very next note.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 02:22:36 AM• Maybe have the funky beat in m. 41-43 be at a higher pitch to make it sound a bit more like the original?
It sounded pretty bad when I tried that. I might just get someone to replace it with an actual beat.

SUB updated. All of that was definitely useful, thank you.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Maelstrom

I can find only one flaw: You've got a floating rest in the RH of m30. Place it as if there was no layer 2.

WaluigiTime64

Zeta