News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

LeviR.star's Arrangements - Finishing Off Dragon Quest (NES) ~ 2 New Sheets

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on December 14, 2016, 02:00:57 PMHowever you need to fix rhythm groupings in your newest sheet. Show all four beats. For the LH you'd need to break up the eighth note C after the slur into two tied sixteenths, or a sixteenth and a sixteenth rest. (not comparing against the original right now, just looking). Similar problem with the right hand, needs to show beat 4.
So... like this? I hope I made it better.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Spoiler Tabs have been added! Now the length of the topic isn't so long, and sheets are easier to find!

Spoiler
Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. :o

[close]

Currently working on:

[GB] Mega Man III - "New Weapon"
[GBA] Kirby & the Amazing Mirror - "Peppermint Palace"
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Yet another sheet of mine (my third, to be exact) has been accepted by Maelstrom. Thanks for all the help, guys!

Next arrangement: hopefully Kirby & the Amazing Mirror's "Peppermint Palace"; it will be my longest sheet so far.
Other things to do: my Kirby's Block Ball project has work to be done, but so much has been done already! So many sheets to format, so little time. :P I'll have all the stage themes ready for you folks soon enough.

By the way, did you see my YouTube playlist? It contains all the songs for the sheets I've arranged for so far, from Kirby's Dream Land's "Boss Room" to Super Mario Maker's "Ghost House (Super Mario Bros. 3)". Feel free to check it out!

40 sheets and counting... who knows what it will be like next Christmas! I haven't been on here long, but let me just say that I appreciate all of your guys' support -- special thanks go out to WaluigiTime64 and Sebastian. This has replaced Scratch as my favorite site. Thank you all so much! ;D

Sebastian

LeviR.star

My first collab arrangement, done with E. Gadd Industries! This is also my first song from a Wii game:

Super Mario Galaxy - Tear Drop.mus

This song plays in Drip Drop Galaxy, but the song is not called this because it also plays in Bonefin Galaxy, another single-star-hungry-luma-unlockable-galaxy. I did both clefs up to m16, and then the melody after that. E. Gadd Industries helped by revising the post-m16 melody, adding the chords in the said area, and polishing it with some nice dynamics, pedal markings, etc. I want to thank E. Gadd for helping me get at least one arrangement done for my favorite game of all time. Thanks so much, dude!

Brassman388

The one eighth note in measure 5, on the & of 2; I get why you omitted it, but for consistency in terms of visual and arranging aspects, I would recommend finding a way to justify it being there.

The two measure repeats you have at the beginning are pointless.

There are plenty of spots that imply that you cross voices because of your use of the 8va. I would suggest making it so that it doesn't look like that.

At measure 19, it's a bit tricky for me because transcribing is difficult at times, but, to me, it sounds like that F on the downbeat is sharp. I could be completely wrong, in which I think another opinion is in order.

That's all I got so far.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 03, 2017, 03:05:45 PMThere are plenty of spots that imply that you cross voices because of your use of the 8va. I would suggest making it so that it doesn't look like that.

Firstly, thanks so much for the feedback!
Secondly, how would we go about doing this?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Brassman388

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 03, 2017, 03:05:45 PMThe one eighth note in measure 5, on the & of 2; I get why you omitted it, but for consistency in terms of visual and arranging aspects, I would recommend finding a way to justify it being there.

The two measure repeats you have at the beginning are pointless.

There are plenty of spots that imply that you cross voices because of your use of the 8va. I would suggest making it so that it doesn't look like that.

At measure 19, it's a bit tricky for me because transcribing is difficult at times, but, to me, it sounds like that F on the downbeat is sharp. I could be completely wrong, in which I think another opinion is in order.

That's all I got so far.
I updated my PAT here, and it includes all but that last suggestion; it sounds like an F to me, so I'd like a second opinion as well.
Thanks for the feedback!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

...eh? What's with the measure repeat signs? Those should just be normal full rests. if I'm looking at an old version of the file, just disregard that.

Also, this track was composed by Mahito Yokota, as Kondo only composed the Egg Planet and Comet Observatory themes for SMG. And the title... why not just "Drip Drop Galaxy"? A track appearing in multiple places doesn't warrant a name change; go by the OST instead. In this case the English title is simply Drip Drop Galaxy which is more recognizable anyway.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Did I update something wrong? I'll have to check. Also, we discussed the name thing, and we thought the OST name was Tear Drop. I'll figure out what's going on with the files, and will discuss the name with Levi
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 18, 2016, 05:57:13 PMNext arrangement: hopefully Kirby & the Amazing Mirror's "Peppermint Palace"; it will be my longest sheet so far.

plz do this its a great song and needs an arrangement

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on January 06, 2017, 10:46:33 AMAlso, this track was composed by Mahito Yokota, as Kondo only composed the Egg Planet and Comet Observatory themes for SMG.

I noticed that, but forgot to change it. I'll get on it soon.

LeviR.star

[GB] Mega Man IV - "Ballade"

[MUS]

Woo-hoo! First song in the forums with a second ending and a key change!

This was a simple yet fun one to do; this theme first appears when you fight Ballade, MKN-003. It appears in several different places afterwards, but I think it's safe to just call the song, "Ballade". Enjoy! Any feedback is appreciated. :D

LeviR.star

I've been waiting to do this for a while. (3 weeks, about. Sorry for the delay)

Oh, and I'm now introducing .zip files for all of my new arrangments!

[GB] Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge - "Wily Stage 2"

[ZIP]

A song that's a bit more upbeat than that of its preceding stage. Also plays in one of the most frustrating stages of all Mega Man history.

[GB] Mega Man II - "Password"

[ZIP]

This game isn't favored by many fans of the series, but its password theme is a relaxing one. Though, if the game was anywhere challenging, you might hear it once in a while. :-\

[GB] Mega Man III - "Wily Stage 2"

[ZIP]

Ah yes, another challenging stage. While the overly noticeable lag makes the game less enjoyable, this song makes up for it. Careful, this is a tricky piece.

Shoutout to Sebastian and Dudeman for checking these sheets for me.

NEXT ARRANGEMENT: Clue: My newest Profile Icon. ;)