News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak - "Sandy Bay" by Don Valentino

Started by Zeta, January 04, 2017, 01:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Sandy Bay
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Don Valentino

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brassman388

Could use the downward scale leading into measure 10, the beginning on the repeat.

Bass line in the left hand from measure 10 to 15 could fill that section harmonically.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 04, 2017, 03:43:31 PMCould use the downward scale leading into measure 10, the beginning on the repeat.
Maybe also the one in the last measure.

I'm not sure if I believe in having a staccato on a tied note as you do in measure 5. I reckon just a plain ol' rest might be simpler and more conventional.

Also, I don't think I would be against the use of some kind of agitated accent in RH measures 12-13.

Otherwise, very nice.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 04, 2017, 03:43:31 PMCould use the downward scale leading into measure 10, the beginning on the repeat.
I disagree. It fits much better in the last measure, and doesn't transition incredibly well into m10. I think one is enough, and it fits best in the last measure.

All other feedback addressed, and then some. Bassline has been rewritten, staccato on tie removed, and everything else.

edit: woops, forgot to mention that I think it's better without the agitated staccato there, JD.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot