News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

TWG XCII: Seeriously! Postgame

Started by davy, December 11, 2016, 01:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Congratulations Fools.

Role reveal:

FireArrow          Gulible Seer
Dudeman                   Wolf Shaman
dajwxp                   Drunken Seer
Olimar12345           Drunken Wolf Shaman
NocturneOfShadow   Paranoid Seer
TheZeldaPianist      Seer
Maelstrom           Stoned Seer
Shadowkirby           Foolish Seer
Dude                      Fool Random Seer
BlackDragonSlayer   Fool Random Seer

Analysis/Comments:

This game kinda fell apart because FireArrow found an exploit with having a fool claim. I can't blame you for finding it, but next time, could you tell me things like this before the game starts? BDS seized the opportunity to claim so he could get an easy win and since both humans and wolves just went along with FireArrow's plan, he won without putting in any effort. Noct was lynched day 1, which is a recurring theme and I would say that humans could have tried a little harder, but it was a day 1 lynch so I can't blame them too much (although in my oppionon, a shadowkirby lynch would have been better). Maelstrom went along with FireArrow's plan and then got wolfed for doing so, so not much to say there either. TZP, the true seer didn't send in his first two seerings, which only didn't cost the humans anything due to FireArrow's plan. By the time he sent in his first seering, humans had the game locked down already. I do want to give kudos to daj for trying to work of off the seerings day 2 rather than putting the game into a situation where the wolves could decided to just f the humans over, but he decided to go along with FireArrow's plan in the end anyway. Olimar12345 and Dudeman, the two wolves, were also quite fine with going along with FireArrow's plan. Olimar might have said that he was sceptical, but neither wolf tried to turn the day 2 lynch on someone other than BDS (which was quite possible since only BDS, FA and TZP were initially pushing for a BDS lynch day 2), the shadowkirby wolfing was a way to safe one and allowed daj to survive, and the counterclaims were easy to figure out (which the wolves are probably not to blame for). Dude was screwed over by FireArrow's plan and only won because humans put Dudeman in a situation where it was impossible for him to win, but possible for him to screw over the human team. Finally shadowkirby. I'm not sure why you are signing up for these games because you end up not playing them anyways. To end this on a positive note however. I was pleased by Mael and TZP's decision to guard FA, and had the wolves chosen to go after the other obvious wolf target, humans would have won the game easily.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

I think we didn't have enough time to review the game before we shipped it, but everyone seering the same target is some pretty easy to grasp logic.  My bad though FA looks like I was wrong this time- Dude getting a real seering on me was a little bit unnerving and really threw me off so after he claimed to see you red I was fairly sure of what was going on.  Looks like I was the fool haha
unmotivated

Maelstrom

I hate you right now dudeman whyyyyyy

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 11, 2016, 01:24:17 PMI think we didn't have enough time to review the game before we shipped it

There were two days and a half between me posting my game and its start. Once the game started, FireArrow had made his plan by the time he made his first post; twelve hours after the game started.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 11, 2016, 01:24:17 PMbut everyone seering the same target is some pretty easy to grasp logic.

The problem wasn't everyone seering the same player, the problem was everyone seering a player whose role would not get counterclaimed. When I made the game, I assumed fools would never claim, because claiming meant that they would lose. I didn't think of the possibility of humans and one fool working together and I would have liked it if someone brought it to my attention.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on December 11, 2016, 01:41:59 PMI didn't think of the possibility of humans and one fool working together and I would have liked it if someone brought it to my attention.
I'm pretty sure I won this way in another game also. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 11, 2016, 02:08:31 PMI'm pretty sure I won this way in another game also. :P

Yeah, but in TWG 78 human victory was completely independent of fool victory.

daj

confused daj is confused. we were playing by an exploit????

Haha nonetheless great game guys, seeya in the next twg! :)

TheZeldaPianist275

Davy, that doesn't really strike me as an oversight or an exploit.  A fool collaborating with either team to me seems like such an integral part of the game's design, that I never would have thought of it as taking advantage of the rules.

Dudeman: i hate you

Olimar: I think you guys played well, in general.  I've never seen it in a TWG before where wolves have literally NO logical defense to make.  Like Davy said, we bagged the game night 3, and I think that overall it was probably set up in the humans' favor.  Olimar, not sure I understand why you were so opposed to FA's plan throughout.  Good job overall.

Maelstrom: Solid input while you were alive!  Shame the game only really took off after you died, because you could have contributed a lot.

Dude: Like Davy said, FA's plan screwed one of you fools over, so it was stacked against you from the time BDS claimed.  Sorry you don't enjoy playing very much, though.

Noc: Also like Davy said, lynching you day 1 was stupid.  I think that you probably could have defended yourself a little better, but I'm sorry that you got wasted so early.

Shadowkirby: ???

BDS: laziest victory of all time.  gg.

Daj: Great input throughout, Daj.  Your dual FA--Dudeman accusation halfway through really shook the game up.  Not much to say here, but I really appreciate how thoughtful you consistently are.

FA: My nominee for MVP.  Great plan at the start, aggressively led the humans, thoughtfully defended himself.  The one questionable decision I think you made was choosing to push for BDS' lynch, as I think it was pretty clear that he was a fool and didn't get us anywhere, but overall, excellent job.

GG guys.  On to XCIII.

Olimar12345

Dudeman is my hero this game <3

best ending lol
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 11, 2016, 04:50:48 PMDudeman is my hero this game <3

best ending lol
<3 <3

Good work, humans, btw, that was a beautiful plan from the start.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

daj

Quote from: Dudeman on December 11, 2016, 04:52:57 PM<3 <3

Good work, humans, btw, that was a beautiful plan from the start.

oh i should have just got everyone to kill you grrrr dang you FA youre too good

But ya played well! ^^ Jumping on FA's plan and seeming to run the show with him made you a lot more trustworthy :)

Dude

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 11, 2016, 04:08:38 PMDude: Like Davy said, FA's plan screwed one of you fools over, so it was stacked against you from the time BDS claimed.  Sorry you don't enjoy playing very much, though.
Nah, this:
Quote from: Dude on December 07, 2016, 02:30:57 PMYou can always kill me so I don't have to deal with this game anymore
was to try and die to win

FireArrow

Tbh my main reason for lynching BDS was because I wanted to keep to my word to him.

And sorry davy, I didn't really really think that was an exploit. But hey, you kind of did the same thing to my game (got everyone to play it a different way then intended.) I can't get too upset at the ending since I got everyone to lynch BDS and was constatly suggesting guard choices that wouldn't slow down the wolf, although maybe in the future we should try and make our games to avoid situations where a losing team can hand the victory off to the 3rd party.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department